Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

News Resistant Mutant Lice Spreading in U.S.

1. Aug 20, 2015 #1
    https://www.yahoo.com/health/mutant-lice-resistant-to-treatment-found-in-25-127082708622.html

Lice populations in the states in pink have developed a high level of resistance to some of the most common treatments.(Image: Kyong Yoon, Ph.D.)

Head lice are freaky enough as-is, but new research has discovered there’s a strain of mutant lice that is resistant to over-the-counter treatments — and they’re found in at least 25 U.S. states.

Great...Also, aren't cockroaches resistant to nuclear bombs? I think I recall someone saying that after the U.S. a-bombed Japan that despite finding the death and destruction of so many things there that roaches had somehow survived it all.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 20, 2015 #2
    An ounce of prevention ...

4. Aug 20, 2015 #3
    Horrible! I feel something pretty itchy crawling in my scalp while reading the news.
    Weeks ago I thought I had some head lice after 2 days without bathing, I combed my hair a lot and several sesame seeds fell down, I had been busy preparing some cakes.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook