Resource for learning linear algebra

In summary, the individual is looking for online resources to learn linear algebra, as they need it for their work. They mention using Khan Academy for other math courses, but it does not offer a course on linear algebra. They ask for recommendations for a similar online resource and are given suggestions for lectures on YouTube and textbooks. The textbooks mentioned are "Linear Algebra with Applications" by Keith Nicholson and "Linear Algebra Done Wrong" by Sergei Treil.
Emekadavid
I want to take some courses that involve heavy math, so I have been learning maths on the khan academy site: precalculus, calculus, statistics etc. But one fundamental area of maths the khan academy site doesn't have is a course on linear algebra. I really need to learn and use linear algebra in my work.
Can anyone point me to an online resource for learning linear algebra that is as good and concise as the khan academy site? I would love any help.
thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you looked at Gilbert Strang lectures on YouTube?

can you send me the channel link?

Emekadavid said:
can you send me the channel link?
Here.

You can find some free textbooks here and here. I've been using "Linear Algebra with Applications" by Keith Nicholson. It's a relatively standard introductory textbook with lots of exercises and slides for each topic (you may have to request slides from the publisher). A more advanced textbook (though it also covers the material from the beginning) is "Linear Algebra Done Wrong" by Sergei Treil.

Thanks. Appreciate your help

1. What is linear algebra?

Linear algebra is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of linear equations and their representations in vector spaces. It involves the use of matrices, vectors, and linear transformations to solve problems in various fields such as physics, engineering, and computer science.

2. Why is linear algebra important?

Linear algebra is important because it provides a powerful framework for solving complex mathematical problems. It is also widely used in various fields such as data science, machine learning, and computer graphics. Understanding linear algebra is essential for anyone pursuing a career in these fields.

3. What are some real-world applications of linear algebra?

Linear algebra has numerous real-world applications, including image and signal processing, data compression, computer graphics, cryptography, and optimization. It is also used in fields such as economics, biology, and chemistry to model and analyze complex systems.

4. What are some good resources for learning linear algebra?

There are many resources available for learning linear algebra, including textbooks, online courses, video tutorials, and interactive websites. Some popular options include "Linear Algebra Done Right" by Sheldon Axler, "Introduction to Linear Algebra" by Gilbert Strang, and the Khan Academy linear algebra course.

5. Do I need to have a strong background in math to learn linear algebra?

While a strong foundation in basic math is helpful, it is not necessary to have a deep understanding of advanced mathematics to learn linear algebra. With dedication and practice, anyone can grasp the fundamental concepts of linear algebra and apply them to solve problems in various fields.