Dick Wilson, 'Mr Whipple' actor, dies at 91

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Age
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11 replies · 3K views
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Messages
24,114
Reaction score
3,277
"Dick Wilson, the actor and pitchman who played the uptight grocer begging customers "Please, don't squeeze the Charmin," died Monday. He was 91."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071119/ap_on_en_tv/obit_mr__whipple
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Moridin said:
Have no idea who he was. Important person?
He's the "Please don't squeeze the Charmin" grocer!
 
Math Is Hard said:
I think most people here are too young to remember him. :(
I guess it might be an American thing also.

I guess they don't remember "Where's the beef?"

"Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is"

"Mama mia, that's one spicy meatball!"
 
I will squeeze the Charmin..and remember him fondly.
 
I think there should be some people for whom there should be in place a Do Not Announce Passing policy.
For example Gilligan doesn't die!~!
MR ROGERS doesn't die!~ This is a physics hangout. Would someone do the math on this a give them a special send-off that does not require the word death.
Pardon me I have to go to work now in hospice. {shakes head} surely things have to be adjusted here.
 
Math Is Hard said:
I think most people here are too young to remember him. :(

Well, I'm glad it's that they're too young and not that we're too old. :biggrin:
 
Wilson is certainly an icon of Americana.

If only more guys were as 'sqeezable' as Mr. Whipple! :biggrin:

RIP Mr. Whipple. :frown:
 
Evo said:
I guess it might be an American thing also.

I guess they don't remember "Where's the beef?"

"Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is"

"Mama mia, that's one spicy meatball!"

"Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun."

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing" [which they just made again with the original actors!]

btw, I know how to make Jack's secret sauce. Ssssshhhhhhhhh.

Mr. Whipple did reach icon status - the ultimate achievement for a pitchman. RIP Mr. Whipple.
 
Last edited: