Rotation Invariant of Sch. Equation and [Lx,H]=0] ?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter torehan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Invariant Rotation
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
torehan
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Rotation Invariant of Sch. Equation and [Lx,H]=0] ??

Here is my first post,

How can I prove that the rotation invariability of the Sch. equations?

How can I prove that [Lx,H]=0
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
torehan said:
Here is my first post,

How can I prove that the rotation invariability of the Sch. equations?

How can I prove that [Lx,H]=0

Theorem: Schrödinger equation is invariant under O(3)-rotation if and only if;

[tex]x_{i} \partial_{k}V(x) = x_{k} \partial_{i}V(x)[/tex]

Proof

[tex] \left[ L_{i} , H \right] = \epsilon_{ijk} \left[x_{j}p_{k} , p^{2} + V(x) \right] = \epsilon_{ijk}x_{j} \left[ p_{k} , V(x) \right][/tex]

Ok, you finish off the proof.

sam