Science writer and teacher interested in quantum physics and biomimicry

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Hoverdasher
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=183085938837672&set=a.106465973166336.1073741828.100014088005333&type=3&theater
My screen name is Hoverdasher; my friends call me Katie.

Hoverdasher is a fictional character.

Thank you for having me, I hope to enjoy dialogue with many of you.

I may do more reading than speaking, as I am no scientist.

I write science fiction for children--middle readers and YA.

As I write, it is my hope that my work will become published so that young people everywhere will be inspired by the wonder that is, Science.

There is something splendid in every field. At present, I find the field of Quantum Physics particularly interesting.

Still, this may change--for, just the other day I was fascinated by the superb efficiency of cellular work compared with the efficiency of man made machines.

Another topic that interests me is Design and Bio-mimicry.

As well, I think genetics is brilliant--so brilliant I can merely gawk at it.

I am not a scientist--I am a science lover and enthusiast.

I am a teacher of the early and intermediate forms.

As an educator and author, it is always my driving desire and passion to challenge youngsters--to push young minds to frame realistic problems, and critically think about ethical, thought-provoking solutions.

Science is a subject I teach year-round. I am a project-based educator. Although literacy is my specialization, I integrate science into my literacy program with great passion, and facility!

(There are so many disciplines to choose from and examine)!

I am glad to make your acquaintance, and hope to speak with you, soon.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Aufbauwerk 2045
Physics news on Phys.org