Scientific reference for closed thread

• Thread starter Crowxe
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed a thread being closed for moderation due to the original poster's dissatisfaction with their previous thread being moved to a different forum. The moderators handle any possible issues and make a decision on whether or not to take action. It is recommended to contact the moderator who closed the thread for any specific questions. The conversation also mentioned potential reasons for a thread to be closed, such as a bad title, spelling errors or bad grammar, claiming something controversial, or interpreting things in different ways. Private messages were also mentioned as a means of communication for further details.
Crowxe
I'm curious to what defines a thread to be closed "for moderation" ??
Is the title bad?
Lots of spilling errors or bad grammar?
Do I claim something like the Earth being flat ?
Or is it wrong to interpret things with different ways?

Physics news on Phys.org
Your thread was closed for Moderation because you said your previous thread was moved to the schoolwork forums and you weren't happy about that so you would repost. Please wait for the Moderators to handle the situation.

If there's a possible issue then a thread is usually closed while the mentors discuss it and decide on what, if any, action to take.
If you have a question about a specific thread, your best bet is to contact the mentor who closed the thread.

Likes berkeman
This is the link to the thread under Mentor review...
Crowxe said:
my original post was taken to homework section and i think that caused the thread to go the wrong way to appear as debate.

Crowxe said:
I'm curious to what defines a thread to be closed "for moderation" ??
Is the title bad?
Lots of spilling errors or bad grammar?
Do I claim something like the Earth being flat ?
Or is it wrong to interpret things with different ways?
Please check your private messages for details

What is a scientific reference for a closed thread?

A scientific reference for a closed thread is a citation or source that has been used to support a claim or argument in a discussion or forum thread that has been closed for further comments or replies.

Why is a scientific reference important for a closed thread?

A scientific reference is important for a closed thread because it provides evidence and credibility to the claims made in the discussion. It allows readers to further explore the topic and verify the information presented.

What types of sources can be used as a scientific reference for a closed thread?

There are various types of sources that can be used as a scientific reference for a closed thread, such as peer-reviewed journal articles, books, government reports, and reputable websites.

How can I find a scientific reference for a closed thread?

You can find a scientific reference for a closed thread by conducting a literature search using databases such as Google Scholar or PubMed. You can also consult with a librarian or subject expert for assistance.

What should I consider when choosing a scientific reference for a closed thread?

When choosing a scientific reference for a closed thread, you should consider the credibility and reliability of the source, the relevance and accuracy of the information, and the date of publication. It is also important to use multiple sources to support your claims.