Scrubbing the middle of your back

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
Evo
Mentor
It seems I can never quite get enough scrubbing power to exfoliate the upper middle portion of my back. I have purchased a number of "back scrubbing devices" but I can never seem to make them work well enough.

Since I live alone and have no love life, am I doomed to forever be in need of exfoliation? :eek:

I was thinking maybe installing something like a cat scratching post on the shower wall that would allow me to rub my back up against it like a bear scatches his back on a tree. Maybe I will make millions of $$.

Don't tell me to go to a spa, I'm not into that kind of thing.

Anyone else have a solution?

Answers and Replies

Stand in line, guys

(I've seen a loofa attached to a 'handled' thin towel--almost rope-like, but still a terry cloth)

I was thinking maybe installing something like a cat scratching post on the shower wall that would allow me to rub my back up against it like a bear scatches his back on a tree. Maybe I will make millions of $$.
That actually sounds like a good idea.

I have a fairly long scrub towel that I pullback and forth across my back, one end in each hand. Probably similar to the use of what rewebster discribed.

Danger
Gold Member
I make house calls. :!!)

I suggest working on flexibility:

http://www.yogaspirits.com/images/cow%20pose.gif" [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo
Mentor
I've tried all of the different scrubbers, I can't get enough pressure going for them to be effective.

The very best thing, though, without a doubt, is a shower mate.

"something like a cat scratching post on the shower wall "

have one installed and see if it works

Best suggestion so far may be Danger's

Since I live alone and have no love life, am I doomed to forever be in need of exfoliation? :eek:
How would that keep you from needing exfoliation???

Evo
Mentor
How would that keep you from needing exfoliation???
Because a significant other could scrub my back and wouldn't go "eeeewww, are you kidding?"

Because a significant other could scrub my back and wouldn't go "eeeewww, are you kidding?"
ewwwwwww, are you kidding me. :yuck:

LOL, I've got an idea! Attach a large brush like you'd use to wash a car, or the type you use on horses, to your shower at mid back height.

Tsu
Gold Member
A large piece of the scratchy side of velcro stuck to the shower wall?

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I never bother touching my back since I can't imagine it getting that dirty.

Oooh, that's it!!!
well, there goes your house call, Danger

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I've never considered the need for back exfoliation, just normal washing. Not sure why you can't get enough scrubbing done with one of those loofah's on a stick though. I tried one of them once and thought sandpaper would be more gentle. I just use a regular washcloth...there's only about a spot the size of a quarter that I can't reach in any direction with my hands...I know where that spot is because it's the spot that gets itchy, of course :grumpy:...but just using a washcloth gives enough extra reach to clean everything.

Evo
Mentor
I've never considered the need for back exfoliation, just normal washing. Not sure why you can't get enough scrubbing done with one of those loofah's on a stick though. I tried one of them once and thought sandpaper would be more gentle. I just use a regular washcloth...there's only about a spot the size of a quarter that I can't reach in any direction with my hands...I know where that spot is because it's the spot that gets itchy, of course :grumpy:...but just using a washcloth gives enough extra reach to clean everything.
You forget my improperly healed broken arm.

Danger
Gold Member
well, there goes your house call, Danger
Damn! :grumpy:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
You forget my improperly healed broken arm.
Oh, yes, that I did forget. Don't know HOW I could forget, but I did. :redface: Have you tried those loofahs on a stick? Seriously, if exfoliation is what you're after, that really should do the trick. They're brutal! Or if that's too much, you might be able to just wrap the washcloth around the loofah part.

Speaking of reaching spots on one's back, why is it so hard to find a good, sturdy back scratcher anymore? I was thinking you could just wrap a washcloth on one of those, but then remembered I can't even find one of those. All the ones I find are kind of flimsy, no good for getting that one little spot in the middle of the back that gets itchy.

Ouabache
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
It seems I can never quite get enough scrubbing power to exfoliate the upper middle portion of my back. I have purchased a number of "back scrubbing devices" but I can never seem to make them work well enough.

You and Wolly should get a special award for coming up with such witty subjects :tongue:

Last edited: