Scrubbing the middle of your back

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, people can't seem to find a good way to exfoliate the upper middle of their back, and may need help from a significant other. Additionally, a shower scrubber may be the answer.
rewebster said:
or, instead of toothbrushes:

(from another thread)

:uhh: Could we at least put a buffer pad on that instead of a grinder? We don't need her to exfoliate her spinal cord. :bugeye:

Physics news on Phys.org
Moonbear said:
:uhh: Could we at least put a buffer pad on that instead of a grinder? We don't need her to exfoliate her spinal cord. :bugeye:

hmmm...OK...

http://www.shoppershalt.com/Images/Products/SpinSpa/Spinspa_7.jpg

"For aging skin, use the Microdermabrasion Head to cleanse away dead skin cells from head to toe. Use the mesh sponge for a more gentle exfoliation, giving your skin that clean and healthy glow everyday. The soft massaging fingers also improve circulation, which is perfect for areas that are prone to cellulite. Just add your favorite soap or body wash and let the Spin Spa Shower Brush do the rest! The extra-long handle makes reaching your back and lower legs easy! Spin Spa requires no installation and takes three double-A batteries. "

http://www.shoppershalt.com/SpinSpa.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
Moonbear said:
:biggrin: Yeah, I didn't really think that once you knew each other well enough to be in the shower together that scrubbing one's back was all that big of a deal. Of course, with most guys, if you called to them to come scrub your back for you and they weren't already that "close" to you, I'm pretty sure they'd assume you had an ulterior motive and wouldn't hesitate to take you up on the offer.

Yeah. What happened to the days when you could invite someone into the shower with you and not have it turn into some sex thing?

TheStatutoryApe said:
Yeah. What happened to the days when you could invite someone into the shower with you and not have it turn into some sex thing?

Is this from the days of the monastery?

rewebster said:
Is this from the days of the monastery?

Don't let those monks fool you. They are the last ones you should trust in the shower.

yeah...

about your avatar...is that a monk?

TheStatutoryApe said:
There were such days?

Astronuc said:
There were such days?

I'm glad I'm too young to remember them. :biggrin:

rewebster said:
or, instead of toothbrushes:

wolram said:
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/91103/Power-Tools/Grinders/Site-230mm-Grinder-240V;jses

http://www.screwfix.com/sfd/i/cat/43/p4758843_l.jpg

(from another thread)
Something about that does seem quite right. I suppose it's the matter of electrical tools in a shower that seems problematic, let alone the cutting/grinding disk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moonbear said:
He's tryiing to kill me!

Moonbear said:
I'm glad I'm too young to remember them. :biggrin:
When I showered in the boys' or mens' gym, I didn't extend an invitation. Now - the girls' gym is a different story. :biggrin:

Evo said:
He's trying to kill me!

OOOOHooohh, Evo!

You're just looking at it from a different perspective

I'd go with the Spin Spa.

I think rew is taking dermal abrasion a bit too far - to the extreme one might say.

Last edited:
Wasn't someone trying to organize a PF members trip to some 'fun' county fair or something?

maybe we could combine THAT and an exfoliation party?

rewebster said:
Wasn't someone trying to organize a PF members trip to some 'fun' county fair or something?

maybe we could combine THAT and an exfoliation party?

Ooh, yep, that sounds like a very hippy-ish way to use the hippy dippy soap. Now, if they're going to do it the hippy way, though, should they use a natural sponge, which would include killing little animals, or should they use a synthetic sponge, which is all processed and pumps chemicals into the environment? :uhh: No wonder they just sell the soap. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Ooh, yep, that sounds like a very hippy-ish way to use the hippy dippy soap. Now, if they're going to do it the hippy way, though, should they use a natural sponge, which would include killing little animals, or should they use a synthetic sponge, which is all processed and pumps chemicals into the environment? :uhh: No wonder they just sell the soap. :biggrin:

No sponges...we'd have to use bark (from a tree that died a natural death, of course!).

lisab said:
(from a tree that died a natural death, of course!).

A chain-saw quite naturally kills a tree...

NeoDevin said:
A chain-saw quite naturally kills a tree...

Chainsaw emits CO2, CO2 pollutes environment. That's not OK.

Why does a question about back scrubbers end up with chainsaws?

Evo said:
Why does a question about back scrubbers end up with chainsaws?

Oh, it definitely shouldn't. Borek is right, it should be an ax or handsaw. :approve:

To get back on topic, if you replace chainsaw teeth with toothbrush heads, you will have powerfull back scrubber. A little bit noisy, but verrrrrrrry effective.

Borek said:
To get back on topic, if you replace chainsaw teeth with toothbrush heads, you will have powerfull back scrubber. A little bit noisy, but verrrrrrrry effective.

Oh, and if it's gas powered instead of electric, you don't have to worry about the electrocution hazard in the shower. As a bonus, you could also use it to scrub the grout. :uhh:

Borek said:

Especially if you use the ultrasonic ones...you can exfoliate with cavitation :eek: !

Might I say...car buffer with scrubbing heads...A LOT safer, quieter, etc. than the chainsaw idea.

binzing said:
Might I say...car buffer with scrubbing heads...A LOT safer, quieter, etc. than the chainsaw idea.

Ooh, we could just strap her to the roof of the car and drive through the car wash!

Moonbear said:
Ooh, we could just strap her to the roof of the car and drive through the car wash!
I'm afraid of getting water splashed on my face. Can I wear an old deep sea diving helmet?

Moonbear said:

I am really proud of all us for trying to help Evo so much

I know how to exfoliate Evo! Strap her to trailer ball of a 4x4 and drag her through a field. It's all natural!

We could strap her to the back of an all-electric golf cart if someone objects to the emissions of an ICE.

turbo-1 said:
I know how to exfoliate Evo! Strap her to trailer ball of a 4x4 and drag her through a field. It's all natural!

We could strap her to the back of an all-electric golf cart if someone objects to the emissions of an ICE.

Oh, how about a cornfield after the stalks have been harvested for silage? The leftover stumps of the cornstalks always looks like a giant bristly brush to me.

Moonbear said:
Oh, how about a cornfield after the stalks have been harvested for silage? The leftover stumps of the cornstalks always looks like a giant bristly brush to me.
If you go fast enough, the average contact time of the stumps should be minimized. She should be quite comfortable.

Moonie, could we market this as a spa treatment and get rich? I think US women would go for it if we had a good ad agency. The chopped corn-fields are plentiful, and the tow-vehicles don't have to be expensive, though after first year, we should be able to afford vintage Ferrari GTOs. Fun!

turbo-1 said:
If you go fast enough, the average contact time of the stumps should be minimized. She should be quite comfortable.
Wait! You're not dragging me over a cornfield!

I'll just scoot along the carpet on my back, thankyouverymuch.

This with some strings attached to it. Pet brushes are awesome to scratch your back.
1387_Trixie_Buerste_1.jpg

Evo said:

You're our spokesperson! Moonie and I need you to establish our business. Don't make us shun you!

Evo said:

yeah--I seen some videos of dogs doing that

(hmmm---maybe it wasn't their back)