Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Section for articles written by members

1. Jan 13, 2016 #1
    Hello everyone,

New member here, love the site, but it is missing something I'd love ( or perhaps I can't find it ). I'm taking a physics course on Edx and the community TA's write up great short articles that aid in understanding a problem or particular concept. I'd love to have some sort of system that would allow people to post write-ups or tutorials on various topics. I want to learn more about physics, but there isn't really a structure I can follow on the site that would help me logically progress through topics. I know this is a forum, but I feel like such a feature, a community curated tutorial system, would provide a great jumping off point for people like me. I may develop my own site around this premise if it is not within the scope of this site.

If there is such a feature on this site or other sites that provide such a system, I'd love to hear about it.

Thank you,

Andrew

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 13, 2016 #2
    Or simply some sort of system that catalogs really good posts that explain something really well.

4. Jan 13, 2016 #3

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

Insights is something along that line. It cannot replace textbooks with their organized structure, of course.

5. Jan 13, 2016 #4
    I just found that section! Thanks for point it out to me. It could use some better organization. No, nothing can replace textbooks, but such a system can be a great complement to one. If you have a hard time understanding a concept, it would be nice to be able to have access to an array of alternate explanations from people of all backgrounds. Thanks for your insight. hehe

6. Jan 13, 2016 #5
    Feel free to apply to write for Insights. We'll review your articles and publish them if it meets our standards. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook