Selecting Variables for Equation Building - Fastest Observed Velocity of Matter

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter samisbored
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Variables
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
samisbored
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Hello!

I'm in the process of simplifying an equation at the moment. The question I have is: How do you select the variables when building an equation? For instance if I'm trying to explain "fastest observed velocity of matter" which letter or symbol do I use? Is there a list somewhere I'm not able to find listing these or do I make them up and publish a legend?

this is a newbie question because I'm not formally schooled on this.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
There are no hard and fast rules. The speed of light (speed limit for everything) is "c".