Drakkith said:
I just finished putting all my telescopes and related equipment up for sale to help pay for bills and school. It pains me to do so, but I simply need the money too badly. I'm just wondering what are some things you've had to sell that you didn't want to. Things which pained you to sell, perhaps even brought a tear to your eye. Cars? Knick-knacks? Firstborns?
Everything.
But, as the saying goes; "I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe..."
Better to have seen things, and lost the tools with which to see them, than to never have seen them, in the first place.
Once you retire, I'm sure that you will find really cool ****, at garage sales, that will make you very happy, that you gave up your "knick-knacks", long ago, to get to to where you wanted to be.
And, at that point, 20 years in the future, you will see a post like this, by some other sorry young soul, and say; "hmmmm... Om was right."
But, it appears you've already figured this out.
So, never mind.