1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sending job applications on a Saturday,

1. Jul 17, 2009 #1
    Hello,

I'm trying to start my first job/career and I don't have much professionalism experiences. I'm wondering if sending job applications on a Saturday and/or Sunday will be acceptable or I should delay sending applications till Monday as a better option.

Thank you for your help.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 18, 2009 #2

chiro

Science Advisor

I doubt most people would be in their office so if you did send it it probably wouldn't get opened/read/etc until minimum monday. Most of us are glad that its Friday afternoon. It shouldn't really matter just as long as it gets there in a reasonable time before the closing date.

4. Jul 18, 2009 #3
    Anytime is fine. Professionalism is about being reasonable, not about following some perceived or suspected cultural taboo or worrying about subtle psychology in everything that you do. You don't want to work for somebody that judges you on what time of day or night, or day of the week, you send an email, etc..

5. Jul 19, 2009 #4
    That's a neat way of putting it, fleem. I didn't think about it like that before!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook