Series of science-themed novels for middle school in 1960s

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Messages
9,608
Reaction score
4,831
In the 1960s there was a series of science-themed novels for middle school children. Each book began with a boy accidentally meeting a scientist or science-club member and being introduced to the subject. I remember one about rockets, one about geology (and one about archeology?). I don't remember the titles. Does anyone know what the series of books was? Is there anything similar available now?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks. Yes, I saw that list and didn't find the series I was looking for. I loved a series as a kid and have been trying to find it for my grandson.
 
Don't know; wish I could help; but meanwhile, would any of Isaac Asimov's short stories be of any use?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: FactChecker
symbolipoint said:
Don't know; wish I could help; but meanwhile, would any of Isaac Asimov's short stories be of any use?
I'll look into that. Thanks.
 
Slightly off-topic, but AC Clarke's 'Island in the Sky' was inspirational...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: FactChecker