Shopping around for my health insurance

  • Thread starter Thread starter RaferLivingston
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Health Insurance
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
RaferLivingston
We are shopping around for my health insurance and I'm hoping I can get opinions from everybody here about which ones to avoid and which ones you have had a good experience with.

Thanks in advance
 
Biology news on Phys.org
A good start is to find a bunch of company names and google search for "<name> sucks" or something similar (try it with swears as well). Doing that convinced me not to buy a hybrid car :wink:

Sorry I don't know anything about specific companies; I'm in Canada where it doesn't really apply as much.
 
in the states health insurance companies seem to vary a lot from state to state. Where are you?
 
I am no expert, but also look at your employer, as I think there are usually employee plans. Also, if you are in school, look at your school's health plans.
 
mattmns said:
I am no expert, but also look at your employer, as I think there are usually employee plans. Also, if you are in school, look at your school's health plans.
Also ask each company about group rates. Things like graduating from a certain university can get you a good deal on insurance in some cases; I know it's true for car insurance.
 
Im from Minnesota
I have been surfing the net for good insurance, i came into http://www.insurancepaylite.com has anyone tried online insurance? how effective is the online quote system? can i depend my money on these?

thanks.:smile:
 
Last edited by a moderator: