Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Should I bother getting either of the associates degrees I almost qualify for

1. Jul 7, 2010 #1
    I started out at a community college because I got a scholarship that would pay me $13,000 if I did. I was able to transfer for next fall, but not graduate from their because I needed some dumb requirements they had for PE and Political Science. I can get an associates in my intended major of Biological Science and another in Mathematics If I also take Differential Equations which I most likely will take at my new school.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 7, 2010 #2
    If you're getting a Bachelor's degree, an Associate's degree will do absolutely nothing for you, ever. Don't bother if you have to go to any extra work.

4. Jul 9, 2010 #3
    Sometimes, there are scholarship opportunities if you actually finish the associates degree, but you've already got the scholarship, so that doesn't apply to you.

The reason I got my AA degree was specifically for a scholarship opportunity. Plus, it guaranteed admission to a particular state college.

Besides that, I can't think of a reason.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook