Should I bother getting either of the associates degrees I almost qualify for

  • Topic: Programs 
  • Thread starter Thread starter jvent051
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Degrees
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
jvent051
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I started out at a community college because I got a scholarship that would pay me $13,000 if I did. I was able to transfer for next fall, but not graduate from their because I needed some dumb requirements they had for PE and Political Science. I can get an associates in my intended major of Biological Science and another in Mathematics If I also take Differential Equations which I most likely will take at my new school.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If you're getting a Bachelor's degree, an Associate's degree will do absolutely nothing for you, ever. Don't bother if you have to go to any extra work.
 
Sometimes, there are scholarship opportunities if you actually finish the associates degree, but you've already got the scholarship, so that doesn't apply to you.

The reason I got my AA degree was specifically for a scholarship opportunity. Plus, it guaranteed admission to a particular state college.

Besides that, I can't think of a reason.