1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Should I get a degree in physics?

1. May 12, 2013 #1
    I just finished high school after 2 years of honors and AP physics and will be attending college in the fall. I really love physics and it is my dream to pursue a doctorate. How hard is the work? Does anyone have any opinions or advice? Also my high school physics teacher was a complete slob and barley taught anything. I taught most of it to myself.

2. jcsd
  3. May 12, 2013 #2
    It doesn't matter what you did in high school so long as you graduate and are able to get into university. Your teacher failing to actually teach is irrelevant. You will learn what you need to know about physics from the university you attend. As for your primary question, "Should I get a degree in physics", you've already answered yourself when you said "I really love physics and it is my dream to pursue a doctorate." Why would you *not* pursue a dream? Of course you should pursue physics if that's what you want to do.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook