Should I take physics or chemistry in junior year for college admissions?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dylennon
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
dylennon
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I will be entering my junior year of high school and I'm debating on whether I should take Physics or Chemistry. I'm trying to take the course that will most benefit me for colleges out in New York. Could anyone recommend to me which one I should take? Thank you!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Given the option, take both.

If you can't for some reason, take physics. Note however that you're asking on a board populated by physics majors, professional physicists, and physics lovers in general. So we may be a little biased.

A good understanding of basic physics will do you a world of good, even if you're not planning to study the sciences further.