1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Should I take these classes together in the summer?

1. Apr 4, 2012 #1
    I am debating whether or not I can pull off taking Organic Chemistry II, Multivariable and Engineering Statistics during the 6 week summer term.
    I need to do this if I want to stay on track with all my other engineering courses.
    Any advice?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 4, 2012 #2
    wouldn't each class be 4-5 hours long, as in 12-15 hours of lecture a day

4. Apr 4, 2012 #3
    No, they are one hour each day (monday to thursday) and the lab is 3 hours twice a week

5. Apr 4, 2012 #4
    those are tough classes

6. Apr 12, 2012 #5
    You mean multivariable calculus, yes? I didn't think multivariable calc was much harder than integral calculus. If engineering stats is like regular stats, it shouldn't be bad, either. If it is like mathematical statistics, it will be a lot of work. Orgo I hear is very hard. I think you could maybe safely pick two, but I would be wary of taking all three at once. My college is on trimesters, so we essentially do 3 ten-week intensive classes at once every term, and taking those three at the same time sounds like no sleeping to me.

7. Apr 13, 2012 #6
    I don't see any reason why you couldn't do it, especially if you don't have other commitments (such as a job) and have a tendency to make good grades. Things that are worded as "engineering statistics" are generally easy. Is multivariable and engineering statistics a single course?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook