Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Should I take these classes together in the summer?

1. Apr 4, 2012 #1
    I am debating whether or not I can pull off taking Organic Chemistry II, Multivariable and Engineering Statistics during the 6 week summer term.
    I need to do this if I want to stay on track with all my other engineering courses.
    Any advice?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 4, 2012 #2
    wouldn't each class be 4-5 hours long, as in 12-15 hours of lecture a day

4. Apr 4, 2012 #3
    No, they are one hour each day (monday to thursday) and the lab is 3 hours twice a week

5. Apr 4, 2012 #4
    those are tough classes

6. Apr 12, 2012 #5
    You mean multivariable calculus, yes? I didn't think multivariable calc was much harder than integral calculus. If engineering stats is like regular stats, it shouldn't be bad, either. If it is like mathematical statistics, it will be a lot of work. Orgo I hear is very hard. I think you could maybe safely pick two, but I would be wary of taking all three at once. My college is on trimesters, so we essentially do 3 ten-week intensive classes at once every term, and taking those three at the same time sounds like no sleeping to me.

7. Apr 13, 2012 #6
    I don't see any reason why you couldn't do it, especially if you don't have other commitments (such as a job) and have a tendency to make good grades. Things that are worded as "engineering statistics" are generally easy. Is multivariable and engineering statistics a single course?

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook