Sicker Than a Dog Chills: Disaster Cleanup

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary: I was vacuuming and sneezed a bag of flour all over the place. Summary: Chills, sick, diarrhea but manages to do house work, vacuumed and then sneezed a bag of flour all over the place, washed and it all blew of the line, all my pegs seem to have gone brittle and break, went to kick the vacuum cleaner, missed and ended up on his/her ass.
turbo-1 said:
Sorry to hear about the flu, Woolie and Russ. I've been lucky so far this year. I usually don't bother getting a flu shot, and this year is no exception, though just yesterday I found out that the strain of flu that's making the rounds here was not included in this year's flu vaccine, so getting the shot wouldn't have helped anyway. (I'm going to wash my hands thoroughly after leaving this thread.):biggrin:

My Great uncle always tells me that eating hot Chiles kills the cancer...and in this case it might killing the flu too!.

Physics news on Phys.org
vincentm said:
My Great uncle always tells me that eating hot Chiles kills the cancer...and in this case it might killing the flu too!.
Maybe. I have sensitivities to MSG, fragrances, etc, but other than those reactions, I'm pretty healthy. I eat some hot chili-spiced food every day, and sometimes several times a day (eggs with salsa for breakfast, hot dogs with habanero relish and mustard for lunch, etc) and I don't get head-colds, flu, etc, nor do I have problems with heartburn, digestion, gas, etc that seem to plague some other people my age. I love chilies, and I can't go a day without eating them. They sit real well with me and with their high vitamin C levels, they can't hurt.

wolram said:
I really really need a nurse, all on my tod with no one within shouting distance,
i will survive though, thanks For good wishes guys.

I was thinking that they may have dug up a new strain from that hole you had a while back----whatever happened with that anyway?

rewebster said:
I was thinking that they may have dug up a new strain from that hole you had a while back----whatever happened with that anyway?
That was a mass grave dating from the time of the plague...

Yeah---a POX hole!

rewebster said:

The major part is filled in there STILL remains one hole covered by a (what do you call the things packages are stacked on) thing, and i do not know who to call to kick ass.

wolram said:
The major part is filled in there STILL remains one hole covered by a (what do you call the things packages are stacked on) thing, and i do not know who to call to kick ass.

are you saying the hole is 'pallet-able'?

Well, I had my root canal done today. 25 minutes, no pain. The endodontist said, ok, how do you feel? I asked if it was over, he said yes. :cool:

I will hold off judgement until I know this is satisfactory. My last root canal, which, admittedly, was years ago, took over an hour of painful, torturous filing with serated blades into my root canals.

He kept saying, you have never had an anesthetic like this before. He was right. He said, you've never had x-rays like this before (my normal dentist is ultra high tech) but again he was right. I held some small wand in my mouth for about 10 seconds and that was it. :bugeye:

Then he used some magic thing that did the root canal, and put in the temporary filling and antibiotic and holy crap, from the numbing to walking out the door - 25 minutes.

I AM IN LOVE. I want to get root canals done in all of my teeth now. I got to wear cool sunglasses so the light wouldn't bother me and watch tv during the procedure.

Of course the bill, before insurance (thank god for insurance) was over $1,000.00. And he's considered low priced.

Evo said:
Well, I had my root canal done today. 25 minutes, no pain. The endodontist said, ok, how do you feel? I asked if it was over, he said yes. :cool:

I will hold off judgement until I know this is satisfactory. My last root canal, which, admittedly, was years ago, took over an hour of painful, torturous filing with serated blades into my root canals.

He kept saying, you have never had an anesthetic like this before. He was right. He said, you've never had x-rays like this before (my normal dentist is ultra high tech) but again he was right. I held some small wand in my mouth for about 10 seconds and that was it. :bugeye:

Then he used some magic thing that did the root canal, and put in the temporary filling and antibiotic and holy crap, from the numbing to walking out the door - 25 minutes.

I AM IN LOVE. I want to get root canals done in all of my teeth now. I got to wear cool sunglasses so the light wouldn't bother me and watch tv during the procedure.

Of course the bill, before insurance (thank god for insurance) was over $1,000.00. And he's considered low priced.

Just one small step to being totally bionic.

Evo said:

Evo, I am coming to visit you next time I need a root canal. I can't think of anything that I am more terrified of.

A magical root canal, there are very few things I would consider more wonderful.

I need to find a endodontist like that if I should ever need another root canal. I have had only one previously, and the dentist was brutal, the anesthesia was inadequate, and worst of all, when I returned to get a permanent filling, I was in horrible pain because he had not removed all the nerves meaning that he had to perform yet another root canal procedure. NOT fun!

turbo-1 said:
I need to find a endodontist like that if I should ever need another root canal. I have had only one previously, and the dentist was brutal, the anesthesia was inadequate, and worst of all, when I returned to get a permanent filling, I was in horrible pain because he had not removed all the nerves meaning that he had to perform yet another root canal procedure. NOT fun!

I had the same thing happen to me. For years after getting the root canal, I told my dentist I was still feeling pain in the tooth. He would just say, No, you don't have a nerve, you can't feel pain.

Until one day I woke up with unbearable pain. I ended up going to an oral surgeon, who found that the tip of the nerve had not been removed and had got infected. The infection was well into bone by then. Luckily the surgery to remove the bone didn't leave my face deformed, just numb in some places.

I have a new dentist now.

Evo, I'm glad your procedure went well! :smile: But if you still feel any pain in that tooth, be more persistent than I was.

Math Is Hard said:
Evo, I am coming to visit you next time I need a root canal. I can't think of anything that I am more terrified of.

ro ro ro ro ... I can't even say it they terrify me so much.

It's my mom's fault. When I was a little kid she always used to tell me not to let any of my friends stick electric power tools in my mouth.

Evo said:

That's great news!

I hope you heal fast!