Simple AutoCAD question (plates)

In summary, the conversation is about someone struggling with using AutoCAD and asking for help with specific tasks, such as completing a top view, drawing auxiliary views, and creating a section view. The person suggests using the help function within AutoCAD or finding tutorials online. They also mention some useful commands to look up for completing the tasks.
uha1

Hey guys,
I not similar to autocad at all and you know now its really difficult to me. I can even draw these stuff. If some one can help me out with these sample plates I will be so glad.

*Complete the top view on the space provided:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29181074/152222.dwg.html*draw full auxiliary view for the first three figures, draw the partial auxiliary view for the fourth figure, draw the complete auxiliary view:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29181212/EGR1153333.DWG.htmlComplete the required section view:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29181904/EGR115444.DWG.htmlthanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I suggest you use the helpful within autocad. Or even google tutorials on it. If you sketch what the problem is asking on paper, then it can be done on cad.

Of the top of my head, some of the commands that you should look up on the help are snap, zoom, grid, Osnap, layers, dimensioning, and the different shapes (circle, arc, line etc).

Hello there,

I understand that AutoCAD can be a challenging software to learn, especially if you are not familiar with it. However, with practice and some guidance, you can become proficient in using it.

For the first link, I am unable to access the provided file as it requires a login. However, for the second link, I have taken a look at the drawings and it seems like you are trying to create auxiliary views. My suggestion would be to use the "Auxiliary View" command in AutoCAD, which will allow you to create both full and partial auxiliary views easily.

For the third link, you have mentioned about a required section view, but I am unable to access the file to see what exactly you are trying to achieve. However, in general, to create a section view in AutoCAD, you can use the "Section Plane" command and then use the "Section View" command to create a section view of the desired area.

I hope this helps you in completing your drawings. If you still have trouble, I suggest reaching out to a colleague or a tutor who is familiar with AutoCAD for further assistance. Best of luck!

1. What is AutoCAD?

AutoCAD is a computer-aided design (CAD) software used by professionals in various industries to create precise 2D and 3D drawings.

2. What are plates in AutoCAD?

Plates in AutoCAD refer to flat, 2D surfaces that can be created using the rectangle or polygon tools. These plates can be used as a base for creating more complex objects.

3. How do I create a plate in AutoCAD?

To create a plate in AutoCAD, you can use the rectangle or polygon tool to draw a closed shape and then use the extrude command to give it a thickness and turn it into a plate.

4. Can I modify the properties of a plate in AutoCAD?

Yes, you can modify the properties of a plate in AutoCAD by selecting the plate and using the properties panel to change its dimensions, color, and other attributes. You can also use the grip points to resize and reshape the plate.

5. How can I use plates in my AutoCAD project?

Plates can be used in various ways in an AutoCAD project. They can serve as a base for creating more complex objects, such as walls or floors, or they can be used as decorative elements. You can also use plates to create 2D layouts or plans for buildings or structures.