Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Simple linear regression model

1. Dec 22, 2017 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    For the first question , why when the humidity increase by 1 percent , the moisture content will increase by 0.2727 percent ? Shouldn't it the moisture content will increase by 0.2727 + 0.4911 percent when the humidity increase by 1 percent ???
    Second question , it's clear that in the 2nd photo , the slope , B_1 is 0.2724. It's is to test whether the slope equal to 1 in example 5 .. Why at the end of result , we should do not reject H0 , and conclude that B_1 is 1 ?
    P/s : Example 5 (3rd and 4th photo) is continuous from example 3 (first and second photo)
    2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

I think for the second question is wrong . It's clear that in example 3 the B_1 is 0.2724 , which is not 1 . So , i think we should reject H0 , so that the slope , B_1 not equal to 1 . Correct me if i am wrong .

Attached Files:

• 767.jpg
      767.jpg
      File size:
      24.6 KB
      Views:
    • 768.jpg
      768.jpg
      File size:
      38 KB
      Views:
    • 769.jpg
      769.jpg
      File size:
      33.2 KB
      Views:
    • 770.jpg
      770.jpg
      File size:
      27 KB
      Views:
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 22, 2017 #2

Ray Vickson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You should not expect helpers to look at your posted images. If you are serious about wanting help, you should type out the problem statement and the final regression equation. You can include the image of the data table---that is acceptable.

You should read the "pinned" thread "Guidelines for students and helpers" by Vela, to get a better idea of PF standards and recommendations.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted