Simultaneous measurement of entanglement

In summary, the conversation discusses the implications of simultaneously measuring the same parameter on entangled particles. One person mentions that the predictions of Quantum Mechanics will be verified in this scenario, while another person suggests using filters to further refine the measurements. The conversation ends with confusion about the original question and a request for further clarification.
QuestionMarks
Im not sure if there are any implications to be made, but it struck me as interesting as what would happen if measurements of the same parameter were simultaneously made on each of two entangled particles? Can anyone speak to this perchance?

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you mean simultaneous measurement of, for example, polarisation of both photons? QM results will show, is my answer.

Yes but I don't understand what you mean by your answer.

The predictions of Quantum Mechanics will be verified.

If you have an entangled state with spin total spin S = 0 and individual spins s = +1, -1

##|S=0\rangle = |+\rangle\otimes|-\rangle + |-\rangle\otimes|+\rangle##

then measurements of spin on particle 1 (the first ket) and on particle 2 (the second ket) will always result in opposite directions of spin [regardless of the axis defining the spin of the kets and regardless of the axis used in the experiment]. This result does neither depend on the locations nor the times where and when the two experiments for particle 1 and 2 are performed.

I would expect this inititally, but I should have elaborated that I was trying to get a question of exclusivity: for instance, as such of using a filter. It would, in my mind, nigh force a contradiction.

I don't get your point

Your question and responses are very unclear.

Is there anyway you can elaborate further on what exactly your question is, and what responses you'd like?

I'm more than happy to answer to the best of my knowledge if I can comprehend your question.

Filters? Do you mean polarisers? Wave plates? After a system (e.g. electron or photon) is detected by an apparatus, there isn't much filtering of the system that can be done. Only prior.

Last edited:

1. What is simultaneous measurement of entanglement?

Simultaneous measurement of entanglement is a process in quantum mechanics where two or more entangled particles are measured at the same time, allowing for the observation of their correlated properties.

2. How is entanglement measured?

Entanglement is measured by performing a series of measurements on two or more entangled particles and comparing the results. These measurements can include measuring the spin, polarization, or other quantum properties of the particles.

3. What is the significance of simultaneous measurement of entanglement?

The simultaneous measurement of entanglement is significant because it allows for the study of quantum correlations between particles and can provide insights into the nature of quantum mechanics and the behavior of entangled systems.

4. Can simultaneous measurement of entanglement be used for practical applications?

Yes, simultaneous measurement of entanglement has practical applications in quantum information processing, such as quantum cryptography and quantum computing.

5. Are there any challenges or limitations to simultaneous measurement of entanglement?

One challenge of simultaneous measurement of entanglement is the difficulty in maintaining the entangled state of the particles during the measurement process. Additionally, the results of the measurements can be affected by various factors, such as environmental noise or imperfections in the measurement apparatus.