Single book covering the entire standard model and quantum mechanics

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
tozhan
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Hey guys,

Just wondering if there is a single book / website / paper with the entire standard model in it to date. e.g one giant book with everything about classical physics (facts and equations) in it...

what about one about the entire of Quantum Mechanics to date?

I only ask because I am interested to know, also it would be great for patching up gaps in my knowledge :-p
 
Physics news on Phys.org
check out the addresses here :

https://www.physicsforums.com/journal.php?s=&journalid=13790&action=view

check out the info on the web post...

regards

marlon
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if there is a single text that covers the entire gamut of physics. Conventionally, the standard model includes the realm of particle physics and the fundamental forces, except for gravity. There are, however, versions that do include gravity called grand unification theories [GUT's]. Here are some sources I think give a pretty good overview of what I think you might be looking for:

The Universe is a Strange Place
http://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0401347

Standard Model: An Introduction
http://arxiv.org/abs/hep-ph/0001283

The current status of observational cosmology
http://www.arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0409131