Sleep-Texting: What's the Latest Unintended Consequence of Ambien Use?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jtbell
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 2K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2025 Award
Messages
16,110
Reaction score
8,522
First there was sleepwalking, then sleep-driving (with the help of Ambien), now it's sleep-texting:

-- "Wtf did they put in those little bomb things."

-- "No bounces issues with monh..., pillow helps"

-- "I legittt wish veggird were enough to fuelme"

-- "The bullet holes really look great on my teddy bear."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/22/tech/mobile/sleep-texting/
 
Biology news on Phys.org
Haha!... That'll actually give me an excuse to text whatever I wantz. :devil:
 
jbunniii said:
I don't even wake-text.
What if I told you there was a texting metric space.
 
WannabeNewton said:
What if I told you there was a texting metric space.
I guess it would only be a pseudometric, e.g. ##d(\textrm{u}, \textrm{you}) = 0##.
 
I think I've sleep posted on PF before. At times I have caught myself sleep working. Apparenly, one night I even walked to my office. So I think there have been a few times when I fell asleep in my office, woke up, started working, and also made a post or two, but all while not fully conscious.

I remember one where I was talking about ground rods. When I saw the post later, I could barely make sense of it. And I only had a vague memory of making the post.

A couple of times I thought for a moment that someone broke into my office and did some of my work for me... well now wait, that doesn't make sense!
 
My best friend used to have disclaimers on his e-mails that he was not responsible for any messages written after 11pm. He took ambien. :biggrin: