Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bug Small Typo on the Homepage

1. Mar 12, 2017 #1

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Capture.JPG
    Please, check and correct this. Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 12, 2017 #2
    Thanks! Feel free to X out of those notices too :)

4. Mar 12, 2017 #3

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I don't need to. They don't bother me.

5. Mar 12, 2017 #4

Nugatory

Staff: Mentor

The typo was in the title of the original thread. Correcting it there did not propagate through to the homepage "featured thread" display.

6. Mar 12, 2017 #5

Nugatory

Staff: Mentor

And it appears that SuperTitleSpellingMan, who is always lurking in the shadows waiting until we summon him in the hour of our most dire need, has come through for us again! It is fixed.

7. Mar 13, 2017 #6
    Yes, I had noticed the typo too - thank goodness it's now fixed and I can once again load the home page without needing to avoid looking at the banner area!!

I am neurotically over-sensitive to that sort of thing & have given similar nudges on other forums. And it's not just typos or spelling, but visual stuff too - e.g. whether the TV aspect ratio is correct on our Enormously Wide Screen TV in the living room. Sometimes it gets out of whack for a particular channel, and where my wife will happily watch for hours without being bothered by squashed or stretched heads, I freak out when I walk into the room & have to fix it immediately.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted