Smoking good for brain enhancement

• Thread starter iron~orchid
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Brain
In summary, cigarettes are bad for your body because they decrease blood flow, and they also decrease IQ. Fitness and clairvoyance are related, but smoking decreases fitness which decreases IQ.
There is not greater teacher than nature.

For some reason, a whole lot of people smoke regardless of the scientific warnings.

Biology news on Phys.org
ahhhhhhhhhhh

Smokem if you gots em.

Tests done on smokers and non smoking students showed higher scores in the smokers who smoked just before exams.

Iron Orchid... this is a well known study.

Conspiracy shows up when people start getting too smart on their ciggies... "lets tell everyone they are not responsible enough to handle smoking on their own".

"Lets ban smoking in every place possible... let's put pictures of decaying teeth and brain anurisms on the Canadian smoke packs and trick everyone out of their enjoyment... their responsible enjoyment."

When automobiles come with photos of mangled bodies printed all over them, then I'll understand.

Originally posted by iron~orchid
For some reason, a whole lot of people smoke regardless of the scientific warnings.

that's becuase they're idiots. if smoking made you pcyhchic, there'd be lottery winnings left and right.

We need a scientific study of how many lottery winners smoke ?

Hey, good ideea. but do it quickly. Nobody won at our national lottery for about 14 weeks. So I need to be smoking really hard to make it this week...
Any study for the effect of nicotine plasters on the intelectual performance? If you guys are right shouldn't be a brain enhancing effect for those too?

PS: Hey did Newton smoke?

better yet

Better yet...

Lets hire students to put stickers on all the sticks in the forest that say...

"You could poke your eye out with this stick."

Why isn't there a loudspeaker on the beach reminding everyone about the dangers of Sunshine.

"Remain in your car"... "1 in 4 dermatologists recommend COPPERTONE"

"Remember your car is a lethal weapon".

"Walking can result in shin-splints."

"Gravity is a killer".

"Food has been known to kill people".

I guess what I'm getting at is... it is imperitive to let people make their own choices and then we have to let them be responsible for their choices. You can offer them the results of studies... but these results usually only apply to the specific curcumstances of the study.

The hallowed halls of education are not a venue for the opinions of the fear-mongers of the world to run amuck screaming about how the sky is falling.

Education is supposed to be a benign pool of facts and ideas from which a discerning and responsible person can extract non-biased information about any subject.

So, if you feel like having a smoke... its up to you if you have one or not. If you want to follow the advice of the fear mongers... that's up to you too.

what if you chew nicotine gum? you avoid all of the problems related to smoking, but still get the focus and precision nicotine brings you...

Conspiracy shows up when people start getting too smart on their ciggies... "lets tell everyone they are not responsible enough to handle smoking on their own".

"Lets ban smoking in every place possible... let's put pictures of decaying teeth and brain anurisms on the Canadian smoke packs and trick everyone out of their enjoyment... their responsible enjoyment."
Thats a good one, very good.

what if you chew nicotine gum? you avoid all of the problems related to smoking, but still get the focus and precision nicotine brings you...

Well, I do not know. Can people chew and think at the same time?

If I was a Tabacco company, i'd make things like this up.

Originally posted by iron~orchid
Well, I do not know. Can people chew and think at the same time?

Why not? (there should be a chewing smiley...)

Originally posted by plus
Smoking decreases blood flow, and weakens blood flow in the brain. Hence, smoking decreases intellect.

Also, there is a slight positive correlation between fitness and IQ, and since smoking decreases fitness, it can decrease IQ.

This needs correction, when a cigarette is first lit, it initially increases blood flow, as nicotine is a stimulant and is effective in the Brain.

The decreases in oxygenation, associated with smoking are due to the effects of carbonmonoxide, and carboxyhemaglobin (SP?) which is a effect, over time, and the build up of excess red blood cells that results from that.

They are produced to compensate for the fact/act of the hemaglobin's oxygen carrieing capacities reduction by the fact of Carbonmonoxide having an affinity for attaching to the nitrogen chealated Iron atom well in excess of the simple oxygen atoms affinity/strength.

As far as I know it, there as some inceases in mental acquity that arises from the stimulus of the brain, by nicotine, sort of a slight sharpening of the mind, but the health consequences of persistent smoking far outweigh the edge that it gives, and it is highly addictive.