Snacks and surprises (without the surprises)

• Thread starter jimmy p
  • Start date
Math Is Hard said:
I love boiled peanuts. It's an Alabama delicacy.
But I found out my friend from India likes them too! She cooks them much better than I do. I always get them a little too salty.
Me too, just love them, especially in winter time. Do you know they are great for our *ahem* intelligence too :biggrin: ?

jimmy p

Gold Member
zoobyshoe said:
Actually, it's well known that the majority of people in the UK have never even seen a real orange, just the fake, mechanical ones. Hence the phrase: "He's as batty as a clockwork orange!"

The mechanical oranges arent as tasty as the real ones - I was fortunate to be able to try both. And as for Ivan, it depends what store you went to :tongue2:

How bout olives, do you guys snack on olives? Green ones are the best.

jimmy p said:
The mechanical oranges arent as tasty as the real ones
They are if you remember to wash all the gear oil out of them first.
How bout olives, do you guys snack on olives? Green ones are the best.
Sliced black olives on salads. Green ones when I'm in a sour mood. I mean a mood for sour things.

White chocolate Reeses
Kosher dill pickles
Apple slices w/peanut butter and cinnamon

Njorl

Science Advisor
jcsd said:
Larks' tongues
They are best in aspic.

Njorl

jimmy p said:
Another cool snack or munch.... pipitas - salted sunflower seeds. mmmmmmmmmmmmm tasty!! i have some right now... and a kitten.. but the kitten isnt edible.
It is edible, if you don't believe, try one!

You said so because I heard from a friend of mine whose name is Shirley from Laos that some people in his country eat cats sometimes...

Last edited:

jimmy p

Gold Member
maybe that is where the saying "there is more than one way to skin a cat" originated from.

smoothie:

Mangos
some lemons/lime
bannanna

hmmmm!!!

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
Jimmy, I told a Cockney lady at the store that I wanted some apples and pears. She slapped me. :biggrin:
Hello, HELLO! Is this microphone working???
psssst, psssst, thump, thump,
hello
hello

Tsu

Gold Member
BIG peach smoothie with LOTS of whipped creme on top (then stirred in). :BIGGRIN:

jimmy p

Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
Hello, HELLO! Is this microphone working???
psssst, psssst, thump, thump,
hello
hello

lol, I acknowledged but it was in a post to zoobyshoe. Next time you are in a Cockney restaurant, tell the chef his food has the consistency of Henry the Third. :rofl: :wink:

What sort of food do they sell at a Cockney restaurant? The great East London cuisine of pie and chips? Of course, that comes free with a pint of lager and a blazing row.

Matt

Monique

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
A raw salted herring, hold it by the tail fin, dip in some raw onion, and enjoy :biggrin:
Now there is something you can treat yourself with :smile:

Monique said:
A raw salted herring, hold it by the tail fin, dip in some raw onion, and enjoy :biggrin:
Now there is something you can treat yourself with :smile:
Yeuch... sounds like the sort of filthy stuff they eat here in Norway.

They also have this strange one involving a fish, a hole in the ground, some urine and waiting a year... yummy!

Matt

Tsu

Gold Member
Is that the stuff they call Gevelkefisk? (or something like that...) We have some scandanavians in our area and they eat some kind of weird fish thing about which everyone says 'you have to develop a taste for it...' :eek:

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Monique, are you part sea lion? :rofl:
That sounds like what we used to feed the seals and sea lions at Fisherman's wharf in San Francisco!!

Evo

Mentor
Maybe it's lutefisk. "smelly old dried fish soaked in lye"

And then there's that rotting shark stuff that they eat in Iceland, I mean they literally let it rot for several months, all slimy and smelly. It was on National Geographic.

Monique

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hey, you guys just have underdeveloped taste buds :biggrin: :rofl:

haring.jpg

Hmm, if I want my tastebuds 'developed' I'd much rather do it with a curry.

Tsu

Gold Member
Evo said:
Maybe it's lutefisk. "smelly old dried fish soaked in lye"
YEAH!! That's the stuff!! :yuck:

And then there's that rotting shark stuff that they eat in Iceland, I mean they literally let it rot for several months, all slimy and smelly. It was on National Geographic.
:surprise: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

B

BoulderHead

How about making a snack of these krinkle-cut French fries while throwing that cheeseburger and chocolate shake down your throat;

http://eat.bees.net/lep1.htm

Looks good to me! :approve:

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
jimmy p said:
lol, I acknowledged but it was in a post to zoobyshoe. Next time you are in a Cockney restaurant, tell the chef his food has the consistency of Henry the Third. :rofl: :wink:
Poor Henry!

jimmy p

Gold Member
tsk tsk... gotta know your rhyming slang... Henry the Third = turd, and if you did know that, then it is for the unenlightened

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
peanuts

Polly said:
Me too, just love them, especially in winter time. Do you know the are great for our *ahem* intelligence too :biggrin: ?
Really? I had never heard that. Is that true for all nuts or just peanuts?

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving

Hot Threads