SNL's Jackpot With Tina Fey And Palin

• Thread starter GCT
  • Start date
In summary: I mean Tina Fey and SNL for libel," wrote WND.com editor Joseph Farah.In summary, SNL did an excellent job of recreating the look and mannerisms of Governor Sarah Palin. Tina Fey did a great job of imitating her voice and accent. Gov. Palin interviewed by the Church Lady was a funny scene. Some people did not find the skit funny.
GCT
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/

I mentioned that this was going to happen before , not that it's a big deal , anyways have we ever had such a close resemblance between the SNL crew and a political figure?

Will Ferrell is great at Dubya ... not certain if Fey's skills are up to par.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Tina Fey was amazing last night, not only looking like Palin but also sounding a lot like her. I just wonder if she will be reprising that role throughout the campaign while also working on 30 Rock.

I wanted to see that but missed it. Great stuff!

:rofl: Tina Fey really has that role nailed! From the appearance, to the voice, to the accent and cadence of her speech, mannerisms, etc. You might have a hard time picking out the real Palin if you put them side-by-side. :biggrin:

SNL: Tina Fey does Palin

:rofl:HooHOO! I've been waiting for this:

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2008/09/saturday-night.html

Amy Poehler was very funny as Hillary, too.

That's great MIH! :rofl:

Who would you rather watch on TV?

Gov. Sarah Palin 12%
Tina Fey as Palin 87%

Well Tina Fey is qualified to be VP! Err - may be she's overqualified.

Tina Fey was awesome last night. I give kudos to her, I didn't think I was going to like it as much as I did, but it was great, I actually stayed up to see it :biggrin:

I thought Tina did a great job with the accent.

Shades of "The Church Lady", that was hilarious.

edward said:
Shades of "The Church Lady", that was hilarious.
Oh, Palin interviewed by the Church Lady. Kindred spirits.

Okay, I finally figured out what a MILF was.

But a flerg? flerge? flirg? It's hard to say which is worse.

Math Is Hard said:
I thought Tina did a great job with the accent.

Wow, didn't she? I used to have that same accent :redface: .

lisab said:
Wow, didn't she? I used to have that same accent :redface: .

You're a Hockey Mom, Lisa?

Math Is Hard said:
You're a Hockey Mom, Lisa?

LOL...nope, not a Hockey Mom. I used to live in Alaska - still have a lot of family there - and I pick up accents extremely easily. Fortunately I lose them quick, too!

Could Fey's beloved impersonation actually help Palin/McCain?
yahoo.com said:
The voters, um, viewers seemed to have spoken. In preliminary numbers measuring the nation's major cities, "SNL's" 34th-season premiere logged a 7.4 rating and 18 percent share of audience -- the largest viewership for a "SNL" season debut since 2001, and up 64 percent from last year's opener, according to Nielsen Media Research.
http://tv.yahoo.com/amy-poehler/contributor/51056/news/urn:newsml:tv.ap.org:20080915:tv_snl_fey_s_palin__ER:62560

Evo said:

That would be great. A slightly older church lady discussing Palin's naughty parts. :devil:

This video is hilarious. I have already watched it 3 times. Tina Fey is great as Palin!

G01 said:
This video is hilarious. I have already watched it 3 times. Tina Fey is great as Palin!

It really is great. Two people at my work have sent it to me - and I work in a fairly conservative office!

I thought that Tina Fey really was Palin from the screen captures - wasn't until I watched the video that I noticed it was her.

Evo said:

That HAS to happen! :rofl:

They can even bring John McCain on to play himself. After all, he has hosted SNL before.

Lisa Nova's not bad as Palin either:

(warning: some bad language)

Math Is Hard said:
That HAS to happen! :rofl:

They can even bring John McCain on to play himself. After all, he has hosted SNL before.

Lisa Nova's not bad as Palin either:

(warning: some bad language)

MIH, that link is the funniest thing I've seen in so long...wow...:smile:...can't wait to send it to kindred souls...!

...In the skit, show guest host James Franco plays an assignment editor at the New York Times at the head of an editorial meeting. During a mock assignment meeting where the paper announced that 50 reporters were being sent to look for dirt on Sarah Palin, a Times "reporter" asks, "What about the husband? You know he's doing those daughters. I mean, come on. It's Alaska."

In response, Franco's character said, "He very well could be. Admittedly, there is no evidence of that, but on the other hand, there is no convincing evidence to the contrary. And these are just some of the lingering questions about Gov. Palin."

The conservative-based news Web site World Net Daily (wnd.com) said that while the skit appeared to mock out of touch left-leaning reporters in New York and their lack of knowledge about Alaska, conservative viewers didn't find the bit funny.

"It is time the Palin family brought out the big guns. They need to sue General Electric, NBC, 'Saturday Night Live,'" Florida resident Al Barrs told the Web site. "This is clearly criminal and defamation of character of an entire family and state. All the above needs to be taken to their knees big time once and for all." [continued]
http://www.wbaltv.com/entertainment/17528426/detail.html

Why are people getting so upset? I have a theory: Tina Fey and the original skit had a huge impact. In one simple sentence - I can see Russia from my house - Fey brought down the mighty Palin. That line is now etched into peoples memories and drives home the essential question with stunning clarity: Where's the beef?

Palin said that she thought the Fey skit was funny but that she couldn't hear it. :rofl:

What is "SNL's Jackpot With Tina Fey And Palin"?

"SNL's Jackpot With Tina Fey And Palin" is a skit from the popular comedy show Saturday Night Live. It aired in 2008 and featured Tina Fey impersonating Sarah Palin, the Republican vice presidential candidate at the time.

Why was this skit so popular?

This skit became popular due to Tina Fey's spot-on impersonation of Sarah Palin and the hilarious dialogue between her and Amy Poehler, who played Hillary Clinton. It also gained attention because of the upcoming presidential election and the real-life drama surrounding the candidates.

Were there any controversies surrounding this skit?

Yes, there were some controversies surrounding this skit. Some viewers felt that it was biased and portrayed Sarah Palin in a negative light. However, others argued that it was simply satire and meant to be a commentary on politics and the media.

Did the real Sarah Palin respond to this skit?

Yes, Sarah Palin did respond to this skit. She mentioned it in an interview and stated that she thought it was a bit silly and that she would rather be a good sport and laugh along with everyone else.

Has Tina Fey ever reprised her role as Sarah Palin?

Yes, Tina Fey has reprised her role as Sarah Palin in subsequent episodes of Saturday Night Live. She also appeared as Palin in the show's 40th anniversary special in 2015.