Snog, Marry, Avoid: Male Makeover in UK Reality Show

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Strange
In summary: UK?Would you snog him?I didn't think people like this existed. He reminds me of Cyrus.People are strange
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
In the UK they have a reality show where they pick real people that dress as freaks and show them what they would look like as normal human beings. It's called snog, marry, avoid.

Here is a link to one of the "make overs". I can't believe this person actually dressed like that. Believe it or not, he did go back to his old ways after his "clean up".

That's a male, btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
people are strange
You're only now just finding this out? :biggrin:

Astronuc said:
You're only now just finding this out? :biggrin:
I lead a sheltered life.

Wow.
Wow.
Wow.

Would you snog him?

I didn't think people like this existed. He reminds me of Cyrus.

people are strange

I discovered they are more strange than I thought after visiting:
http://mylifeisaverage.com/index.html

Hes quite hot without the makeup. I'd snog him then.

What does snog mean?

Cyrus said:
What does snog mean?
I think it means kiss. But all the men said they'd snog him...

Evo said:
I lead a sheltered life.

Yes, being a moderator in an internet forum is a sheltered existence, if anything. :biggrin:

I think we should consider that outfit for our male mentors though... Just not the makeup.

I already look like that.

Ivan Seeking said:
I already look like that.
<perk> Tsu, you holding out on us PF sisters, dear?

Evo said:
I think it means kiss. But all the men said they'd snog him...

He went from dressing as flaming gay, to just pop star gay. That's my fashion opinion. While it was better, it was still very emo.

Cyrus said:
He went from dressing as flaming gay, to just pop star gay. That's my fashion opinion. While it was better, it was still very emo.
I take it his style did not appeal to you. :smile:

The color of the gray and green looked cheap and monochromatic.

Evo said:
In the UK they have a reality show where they pick real people that dress as freaks and show them what they would look like as normal human beings. It's called snog, marry, avoid.

Here is a link to one of the "make overs". I can't believe this person actually dressed like that. Believe it or not, he did go back to his old ways after his "clean up".

That's a male, btw.

you do relize the gov. investigated the posibility of alien humiod life forms assuming alternate lifestyles as a way to blend into society..no joke here/or statement.

http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_7758

Is much better, and more mature (see slide show). I think they should have dressed him older in the Youtube clip. He looks like he's about to go sing in a teen band.

His handsomeness shows in either style.

While it's interesting to explore alternative fashions, one does best to use a natural look as a foundation. Escaping the real person can limit other opportunities for expression. When we try to reinvent ourselves constantly we can lose the trend to the point of becoming conformist or isolationist (or just boring).

To the OP:

How can you be sure you're not the strange one, and the rest of us are normal?

AUMathTutor said:
To the OP:

How can you be sure you're not the strange one, and the rest of us are normal?
So, you're claiming to be like the person in the video? :confused:

Evo said:
people are strange

I'm not.

But then again, I don't qualify as people. :smile:

Snog just sounds so unpleasant.

Ah, so snog means kiss. Like when they say "poofter" to mean tourist.

There is apparently a show now called I Survived a Japanese Game Show.
Considering what I have seen and read about Japanese game shows its probably a pretty crazy show.

Tobias Funke said:
Ah, so snog means kiss. Like when they say "poofter" to mean tourist.

Ummmm.. yeah. Exactly.:rolleyes:

Evo said:
I think [ snog ] means kiss.
I first heard - and learned - this word 7 days ago - from the Harry Potter flick.

Evo said:
Here is a link to one of the "make overs". I can't believe this person actually dressed like that.
Frankly, I find this far, far more attractive and interesting to look at than the current fashions over here of young men with their baseball caps, hoodies, poop-hanger pants and undies hanging out. It must be hellish to be a young woman trying to find an attractive guy in this day and age.

DaveC426913 said:
Frankly, I find this far, far more attractive and interesting to look at than the current fashions over here of young men with their baseball caps, hoodies, poop-hanger pants and undies hanging out. It must be hellish to be a young woman trying to find an attractive guy in this day and age.

Where do you live, the ghetto?

Cyrus said:

more than just flaming gay. with the slumping shoulders and a bit of lordosis in the spine, it's a bit like he's trying to emulate a preteen girl.

thing is, he's got such a pretty effeminate face that i think they should have gone with a straight female makeover and achieved an even more dramatic outcome.

Proton Soup said:
more than just flaming gay. with the slumping shoulders and a bit of lordosis in the spine, it's a bit like he's trying to emulate a preteen girl.

thing is, he's got such a pretty effeminate face that i think they should have gone with a straight female makeover and achieved an even more dramatic outcome.

:rofl:

DaveC426913 said:

Around here the big thing for the white kids now are the too tight hip hugger jeans that always look a size too small.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Around here the big thing for the white kids now are the too tight hip hugger jeans that always look a size too small.

I've seen black kids wearing it too. They're typically between 16 and 20.

Evo said:

That's a male, btw.

If you think about it. Those people are constanting being stare at, and made a joke to anyone standing next to them. It does take a lot of inner character to dress the way they do. They are very confident people.

I find the notion that that guy needed to be "fixed" INCREDIBLY offensive. That guy was a billion times more interesting in the before then the stupid chump he became in the after. "Fitting in" is for the mediocre. Express yourself, the most important humans in existence have been downright weird by mundane standard. If a polo shirt and khaki's seem like home to you then wear the **** out of it, if they don't and someone tries to make you feel bad about yourself because you're not wearing what doesn't speak to you then give them a firm punch in the face. They'll think twice before doing that again. It never ceases to amaze me how people can make these simple minded judgements. What empirical or scientific basis do you have to say that guy's life was improved by dressing like a douche. There are noteworthy people who set the fashion of the time, those who oppose it, those who don't give a damn and those who just fall in line. Which one are you?

Ultimately, to me, this smells of just another attempt of the old to trivialize the young. A useless endeavour at best. (a disasterous one at the worst)