So fustrated and need some desperate help

• Thread starter HighVoltage
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Desperate
In summary, dealing with frustration involves identifying its source and finding ways to manage or solve the issue. Signs of desperation include feelings of hopelessness, seeking validation, and physical symptoms like restlessness. It can be difficult to ask for help when feeling desperate, but it is a sign of strength. Healthy coping mechanisms include relaxation techniques, physical activity, and taking care of one's physical health. Professional help should be sought if feelings of desperation are negatively impacting daily life, relationships, or if there are thoughts of self-harm or suicide.
HighVoltage
all,
i am stuck on this problem. physics has not been good to me this semester. its like "in one ear out the other"

this is the problem:
Untitled-1.jpg

i can't get c or d.

for c i tried .25(29*9.8+117.37*sine(40)) that wasnt right

for d i tried 117.37*4.1 and that wasnt right

please help me.

Physics news on Phys.org
For part c), you forgot to multiply by the distance... also the work by friction is negative...

Think about this... the crate is moved at constant velocity... so what is the net work done on it by all forces? (what does the work energy theorem say?)

I understand that you are feeling frustrated and in need of help with a physics problem. It can be challenging to grasp certain concepts in science, but please do not give up. I can offer some guidance to help you understand and solve this problem.

First, let's break down the problem into smaller parts. For part c, it seems like you are trying to calculate the force using the formula F=ma. However, the formula for force in this case should be F=mg+ma, where "m" is the mass, "g" is the acceleration due to gravity (9.8 m/s^2), and "a" is the acceleration in the direction of the force. The angle of 40 degrees is not needed in this formula. So, your calculation should be 0.25(29*9.8)+117.37= 120.6075 N.

For part d, you are trying to calculate the weight of the object, which is the force due to gravity acting on the object. So the correct formula is W=mg, where "m" is the mass and "g" is the acceleration due to gravity. So your calculation should be 117.37*9.8= 1150.426 N.

I hope this helps you understand the problem better and solve it correctly. Remember to always check your units and formulas to ensure accuracy. Keep practicing and seeking help when needed, and you will improve in physics. Best of luck!

1. How can I deal with my frustration?

Dealing with frustration can be challenging, but a good way to start is by identifying the source of your frustration. Once you know what is causing it, you can work on finding solutions or coping mechanisms to manage it. Talking to a trusted friend or seeking professional help can also be beneficial.

2. What are some signs of desperation?

Some common signs of desperation include feeling hopeless or helpless, constantly seeking validation or reassurance, engaging in impulsive behaviors, and having difficulty making decisions. Physical symptoms such as restlessness, irritability, and changes in appetite or sleep patterns can also be signs of desperation.

3. How can I ask for help when I feel desperate?

Asking for help can be difficult, especially when you feel desperate. It's important to remember that seeking help is a sign of strength, not weakness. Start by reaching out to a trusted friend or family member and expressing how you are feeling. You can also seek help from a therapist or support group who can provide you with strategies to cope with your desperation.

4. What are some healthy ways to cope with desperation?

There are many healthy ways to cope with desperation, including practicing relaxation techniques such as deep breathing and mindfulness, engaging in physical activity, and finding healthy outlets for your emotions such as journaling or creating art. It's also important to take care of your physical health by getting enough sleep, eating well, and avoiding substances like drugs and alcohol that can worsen feelings of desperation.

5. When should I seek professional help for my desperation?

If your feelings of desperation are impacting your daily life and relationships, it may be beneficial to seek professional help. This can include therapy, counseling, or medication. It's also important to seek help if you are experiencing thoughts of self-harm or suicide. Remember, seeking help is a sign of strength and there is no shame in reaching out for support when you need it.