So I just had my first day of work at Fermilab

  • Thread starter Thread starter brendank
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Fermilab Work
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
15 replies · 4K views
brendank
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
and it was AMAZING! :cool:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What were you working on, if I may ask?
 
brendank said:
and it was AMAZING! :cool:
OK, teaser! Did you get to meet Rocky Kolb? Did you sweep out the parking lot? Details, man!
 
G01 said:
What were you working on, if I may ask?

Of course s/he can tell you. But then, well, you know. :eek:

Any unclassified details you can share, brendank? Congrats! :cool:
 
berkeman said:
Of course s/he can tell you. But then, well, you know. :eek:

O cmon! Your being paranoid, its not like G-Men are going to come to my house and............

On second thought, G01 thinks, I mean I think...yes I am G01...that it was stupid of me to inquire as to the whereabouts/proceedings/ outcomes of the previously mentioned person/meeting/event.:-p
 
G01 said:
O cmon! Your being paranoid, its not like G-Men are going to come to my house and............

On second thought, G01 thinks, I mean I think...yes I am G01...that it was stupid of me to inquire as to the whereabouts/proceedings/ outcomes of the previously mentioned person/meeting/event.:-p

Seen some nice friendly men in black suits tonight? Me too...:zzz:
 
You do know that saying an experience was amazing without giving any details is a punishable offence right? :cool:

:biggrin:
 
Last edited:
brendank said:
and it was AMAZING! :cool:

Yes that was good coffee. Keep it up!
 
Chi Meson said:
Yes that was good coffee. Keep it up!

:smile:

Yeah, c'mon, tell us a bit about it. Was it just getting to see the facilities and tour them, or watching someone else do experiments that were interesting, or did you just get to have a pleasant chat with some well-known physicists while bringing them their coffee? :biggrin: If you keep teasing us like this, when we have the PF gathering in Chicago next month (are you joining us for that?) we'll have to hunt you down and get the details by any means necessary. :biggrin: :devil:
 
Do you work in the tower? or in the ring? or elsewhere?

(As a summer student there, I fondly remember
...unsuccessfully racing up the open stairwells in the atrium
...throwing paper airplanes from the open stairwell into the atrium
...playing a prank concerning relabelling the floor numbers in the stairwell
...and reading a lot of cool books in the library.)
 
robphy said:
(As a summer student there, I fondly remember
...playing a prank concerning relabelling the floor numbers in the stairwell

Do tell! Did you just renumber them, or did you add more creative labels? :biggrin:
 
Moonbear said:
Do tell! Did you just renumber them, or did you add more creative labels? :biggrin:

We peeled off the large 9th floor label and rotated it to read "6".
Folks traveling on the stairwell, usually engrossed reading some printouts, were surprised to look up and see a "6", which often left them completely disoriented... some even turning around to return to the previous floor.

(edit: If I recall correctly, there was a computer room on the 10th floor where folks picked up their printouts. Engrossed in reading the printouts, upon seeing the "6", they probably thought that they walked down too many flights... so they turned around looking to get to their target floor.)

For those not familiar with the atrium, here's a photo I found the web
party_03.jpg
 
Last edited: