1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

So, i need quick guidance before next semester.

1. Dec 14, 2012 #1
    Okay, so I am in a community college going for an Electrical/Electronics A.A.S. I currently work on a 1 MW generator powered by a diesel engine converted to run on landfill gas. I want to persue a path that I can use my 5 years of experience doing what I do now to get a good career. Now I was wondering, should I finish my degree and go into mechatronics engineering (spelling?) Go for a 2 year mechanical engineeringentry degree (you transfer after 2 years and getting the technician degree to get a engineering degree) or what.

I just need some insight into what my options are. Sorry this is rushed boss just got here.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 14, 2012 #2
    Okay to expand a bit, boss just left, I am wondering which path costs the least and will have the best job security really. I was considering getting my 2 year aas then getting the 2 year ME degree. I am also really wondering what exactly a mechatronics degree would be good for? Lots of questions I know any help is appreciated!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook