So much of diversity in universe.

In summary, the conversation discusses two doubts about the number of elements in nature and the diversity of objects despite starting from something uniform. The first question references the 88 elements discovered on Earth and the possibility of an increase in this number. The second question explores the existence of diverse elements despite a uniform starting point and the role of nucleosynthesis in element formation. The conversation ends with the individuals expressing gratitude for the provided answers and seeking further clarification through research.
rishi.sharma
Hi ,
I have two doubts about which I am quite confused. It would be great if I can get a decent answer for them.

1.) How many possible number of elements exist in nature discovered by humans , like H,He,Carbon,Silicon,Uranium,Strontium,Thorium,etc... ?

-Are there any possibilities for an increase in the figure.
-If no , then why ?

2.) Majority of theories related to "Birth Of Universe" , assume that at time t=0; everything was uniform or there was nothing. Some say singularity.

Considering this assumption , I have a question in mind.

---Why there at so many different varities of objects/elements present in universe despite of the fact that all of it started from something uniform. ??

---For evolution/change to occur , we must input changes into the system. If yes , then how one change can lead to billions and trillions of diverse forms.

I am looking for a decent answer or link , which can help me eliminate my confusion.
I would be glad if someone can help clear my misconceptions.

Thanks,
Rishi.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
For 1. 88 elements exist in nature on Earth (43, 61, 85, 87 have been created in the lab). I am not sure what you mean by discovered. They all were at some time or other first identified.

For 2. Try looking up things on Wikipedia - there is too much to give a simple answer.

Just FYI, it is not necessary to SCREAM by using large bold type. Your question would be quite readable in normal type.

1 .) How many possible number of elements exist in nature discovered by humans , like H, He, Carbon ,Silicon, Uranium ,Strontium ,Thorium ,etc. . . ?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Californium

It is the heaviest element to occur naturally on
Earth;

Are there any possibilities for an increase in the figure . - If no , then why ?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_periodic_table#End_of_the_periodic_table

Why there at so many different varities of objects/elements present in universe despite of the fact that all of it started from something uniform. ??

the lightest elements come from nucleosynthesis...hydrogen, helium,etc [look it up in Wikipedia for details] then stars produce elements up to iron [stellar nucleosythesis, via thermonuclear reactions] ...then supernovas the elements heavier than iron...

But WHY elements form in exactly that way, that is, why elementary particles have the exact characteristics they do, no one really knows...We have no theory, for example, that explains the observed mass and observed charge strength of an electron.

Naty1 said:
the lightest elements come from nucleosynthesis...hydrogen, helium,etc [look it up in Wikipedia for details] then stars produce elements up to iron [stellar nucleosythesis, via thermonuclear reactions] ...then supernovas the elements heavier than iron...

But WHY elements form in exactly that way, that is, why elementary particles have the exact characteristics they do, no one really knows...We have no theory, for example, that explains the observed mass and observed charge strength of an electron.

Thanks Naty1 , Suraj88 and Mathman for your answers.

I am going to read about NucleoSynthesis in more details , t'was very helpful and relevant answer.
Thanks again.

1. What is diversity in the universe?

Diversity in the universe refers to the vast array of differences in physical and chemical properties among celestial objects such as planets, stars, galaxies, and other celestial bodies.

2. Why is there so much diversity in the universe?

The diversity in the universe is a result of various factors such as the different formation processes, varying compositions, and interactions between different celestial objects. Additionally, the vastness of the universe allows for a wide range of objects and phenomena to exist.

3. How do scientists study diversity in the universe?

Scientists study diversity in the universe through various methods such as observations using telescopes, simulations, and experiments. They also analyze data collected from space missions and use mathematical models to understand and explain the diversity observed.

4. What impact does diversity in the universe have on life on Earth?

The diversity in the universe has a significant impact on life on Earth. For instance, the diversity of stars provides the necessary energy for life to exist on our planet. The varying compositions of planets and moons also make it possible for different forms of life to thrive in different environments.

5. Will we ever fully understand the diversity in the universe?

As our understanding and technology continue to advance, we will likely gain a deeper understanding of the diversity in the universe. However, given the vastness and complexity of the universe, it is unlikely that we will ever fully comprehend all aspects of its diversity.