Solar Panel Output in Isle of Eigg, Scotland

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
RAD2
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


I have data for global irradiance on a fixed plane, diffuse irradiance on a fixed plane, global clear sky irradiance on a fixed plane, direct normal irradiance and clear sky direct normal irradiance. I need to calculate the solar power output but I don't know which irradiance to use? The location is in the isle of eigg in scotland. Any help would be greatly appreciated, sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum.

Homework Equations


E = Area * efficiency * Irradiance * Power Ratio

The Attempt at a Solution

 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you for your response, yes it is fixed. Wasn't sure whether I take specific irradiances or just total them up and use the final value. Thanks for the help, will look into the calculator.