Solubility of Calcium Oxalate in an Alcohol Solution?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
chemisthypnos
In searching through the literature for the solubility of calcium oxalate, I came across this post https://www.researchgate.net/post/Are_there_any_organic_inorganic_solvents_for_dissolving_Ca-oxalate I am not sure where the people answering this question have gotten the information that calcium oxalate is soluble in an aqueous solution of alcohol, but I can't view the only article that I could find agreeing with them past its abstract (I can't see the full text). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/641826 Does anyone know if this is true?
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
I can’t get to my work computer to check out the actual paper right now, but the abstract makes it sound like calcium oxalate is less soluble in alcohol-water mixtures than in pure water (which is believable). In particular, where it says they see evidence of ion pairing as dielectric constant is decreased, that indicates that the calcium and oxalate ions are not being separated by a solvent shell.