Solution manual for Ivan Niven's An Introduction to the Theory of Num

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 8K views
yucheng
Messages
232
Reaction score
57
I am self-studying Ivan Niven's An Introduction to the Theory of Numbers. Unfortunately, I find myself stuck while doing the problems. With this in mind, I would like to ask whether anyone here has the solution manual for Niven's textbook. Hopefully a softcopy version is available? Thank you in advance.

P.S. is there any online repository of solution manuals written by people for the benefit users of textbooks that do not provide solutions?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
yucheng said:
I would like to ask whether anyone here has the solution manual for Niven's textbook.
I searched, but there does not appear to be a solutions manual for Nivens book.
 
Baluncore said:
I searched, but there does not appear to be a solutions manual for Nivens book.
Do you mean its existence, or its availability on the web?

https://books.google.com.my/books/a...y_of_Numbers.html?id=yU_HPAAACAAJ&redir_esc=y
P.S. it might be inaccurate

In the introduction, the authors claim that there is an Instructor's Manual that provides the solutions to all starred questions.

P.S.S. Acutally, I did try searching all over the web, but to no avail.
 
ISBN is 9780471063940 / 0471063940
Introduction to the Theory of Numbers Solution Set (4th Edition)
by Niven, Ivan; Zuckerman, Herbert S.
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc, 1980
Edition: Hardcover. Language: English
It is not listed on https://www.bookfinder.com “This edition is currently not available”.
It is not listed on http://gen.lib.rus.ec/
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: yucheng
yucheng said:
I am self-studying Ivan Niven's An Introduction to the Theory of Numbers. Unfortunately, I find myself stuck while doing the problems. With this in mind, I would like to ask whether anyone here has the solution manual for Niven's textbook. Hopefully a softcopy version is available? Thank you in advance.

P.S. is there any online repository of solution manuals written by people for the benefit users of textbooks that do not provide solutions?
Instructor Solution Manuals are for instructors, not for students. Try to find a textbook that has half of the problem solutions in the back of the book -- that's the best you can do when self-studying.

Thread is closed.
 
  • Skeptical
Likes   Reactions: member 587159 and yucheng