Solving Ferromagnet Ques: Get G_q(\omega) from (hbarw-h)G_ff'(\omega)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Petar Mali
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Petar Mali
Messages
283
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


How from

[tex](\hbar\omega-h)G_{f,f'}(\omega)=i2\langle\hat{S}_f^z\rangle\delta_{f,f'}+\langle\hat{S}^z\rangle\sum_gI(f-g)\{G_{f,f'}(\omega)-G_{g,f'}(\omega)\}[/tex]

get

[tex]G_{q}(\omega)=\frac{i\hbar}{2\pi}\frac{2\langle\hat{S}^z\rangle}{\hbar\omega-h-\epsilon(q)}[/tex]

where

[tex]G_{f,f'}(\omega)=\frac{1}{N}\sum_{\vec{q}} e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}G_{\vec{q}}(\omega)[/tex]

[tex]\delta_{f,f'}=\frac{1}{N}\sum_{q}e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}[/tex]

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution



I really don't have a clue what to do. [tex]h[/tex] is constant.

If I use that spin don't depands of indices

[tex]\langle\hat{S}^z\rangle=\langle\hat{S}_g^z\rangle=S\sigma[/tex]

and use

[tex](\hbar\omega-h)\frac{1}{N}\sum_{\vec{q}} e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}G_{\vec{q}}(\omega)=i2S\sigma\frac{1}{N}\sum_{q}e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}+S\sigma\sum_gI(f-g)\{\frac{1}{N}\sum_{\vec{q}} e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}G_{\vec{q}}(\omega)-\frac{1}{N}\sum_{\vec{q}} e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{g}-\vec{f'})}G_{\vec{q}}(\omega)\}[/tex]What now?
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Petar Mali said:

Homework Statement


How from

[tex](\hbar\omega-h)G_{f,f'}(\omega)=i2\langle\hat{S}_f^z\rangle\delta_{f,f'}+\langle\hat{S}^z\rangle\sum_gI(f-g)\{G_{f,f'}(\omega)-G_{g,f'}(\omega)\}[/tex]

get

[tex]G_{q}(\omega)=\frac{i\hbar}{2\pi}\frac{2\langle\hat{S}^z\rangle}{\hbar\omega-h-\epsilon(q)}[/tex]

where

[tex]G_{f,f'}(\omega)=\frac{1}{N}\sum_{\vec{q}} e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}G_{\vec{q}}(\omega)[/tex]

[tex]\delta_{f,f'}=\frac{1}{N}\sum_{q}e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}[/tex]


Homework Equations







The Attempt at a Solution



I really don't have a clue what to do. [tex]h[/tex] is constant.

If I use that spin don't depands of indices

[tex]\langle\hat{S}^z\rangle=\langle\hat{S}_g^z\rangle=S\sigma[/tex]

and use

[tex](\hbar\omega-h)\frac{1}{N}\sum_{\vec{q}} e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}G_{\vec{q}}(\omega)=i2S\sigma\frac{1}{N}\sum_{q}e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}+S\sigma\sum_gI(f-g)\{\frac{1}{N}\sum_{\vec{q}} e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{f}-\vec{f'})}G_{\vec{q}}(\omega)-\frac{1}{N}\sum_{\vec{q}} e^{i\vec{q}(\vec{g}-\vec{f'})}G_{\vec{q}}(\omega)\}[/tex]


What now?


What is the definition of I(f-g) ? We need that to make any progress.
 
[tex]I[/tex] is exchange interraction!

[tex]\sum_f I(f)e^{-i\vec{g}\cdot\vec{f}}=J(\vec{q})[/tex]

[tex]\sum_g I(f-g)=\sum_{\vec{\lambda}}I(\vec{\lambda})=J(0)\equiv J_0[/tex]