Solving the Science or Engineering Debate: Cosmological Physics

In summary, the conversation discusses the dilemma of pursuing a career in physics while currently studying engineering. The speaker expresses a strong interest in pursuing research in astrophysics, but acknowledges the practicality of engineering in terms of job opportunities and financial stability. They suggest pursuing engineering first to have a stable income and then transitioning to physics later on. However, the other person questions if it is possible to return to physics after completing engineering and expresses a preference for science over engineering.
monty37
iam interested in physics and want to specialize in cosmological physics,
but iam currently doing my engineering,so what do i do?and
is science better or technology?

Physics news on Phys.org
I am exactly in that very situation. I still not have choosen eng but i am sure to have it within next 15 days. I am very much enthusiastic abt physics and want to pursure research in astrophysics. But, nobody supports me wholeheartedly. Furthermore money is easy in engineering.

Its hard to find a good salary in pure physics. My advice is engineering. then you'll make enough that you have time and can afford to study pure physics on the side. So by NOT pursuing physics (at first) you might actually learn MORE physics in the long run. And a few extra dollars come in handy for other things, too.

Yeah fleem. Thats what I have been thinking of. Thank you.

but though you say,for good salary etc,engineering is better,but once you finish your
engineering ,can you get back to physics?can you put your interest at stake ,
i mean i find science very good than engineering?

1. What is the main goal of solving the science or engineering debate in cosmological physics?

The main goal is to gain a better understanding of the fundamental laws and principles that govern the universe and its origins, as well as to develop advanced technologies and innovations that can benefit society.

2. What are some current theories and debates in cosmological physics?

Some current theories and debates include the nature of dark matter and dark energy, the origin and evolution of the universe, and the possibility of multiple universes.

3. How do scientists gather and analyze data in cosmological physics?

Scientists use various tools and techniques such as telescopes, satellites, and computer simulations to gather data from observations of the universe. They then use mathematical models and statistical analysis to interpret and make predictions based on the data.

4. What are some potential implications of solving the science or engineering debate in cosmological physics?

Solving the debate could lead to a better understanding of the universe, advancements in technology and engineering, and potential applications in fields such as space exploration and renewable energy.

5. How can the general public get involved in the debate and advancement of cosmological physics?

The general public can get involved by staying informed about current research and developments in cosmological physics, supporting scientific education and outreach programs, and advocating for funding and resources for scientific research in this field.