Some of My Friends Having Fun (Boston Dynamics Doing the Twist)

In summary, "Some of My Friends Having Fun (Boston Dynamics Doing the Twist)" is a viral video featuring the Boston Dynamics robots Atlas, Spot, and Handle dancing to the song "Do You Love Me" by The Contours. It was created by the YouTube channel "Corridor Crew" and has gained millions of views since its release in 2020. The robots did not actually learn to dance on their own, as their movements were programmed and choreographed by the creators of the video using motion capture technology. The robots in the video are real, but their movements were enhanced with CGI to make them appear more fluid and human-like. The purpose of the video is to showcase the advanced technology of the Boston Dynamics robots, spark curiosity in

• Haha
  • Love
Likes DennisN, Lnewqban, nsaspook and 6 others
Physics news on Phys.org
They dance much better than me!

• Haha
Likes collinsmark, jim mcnamara and BillTre
Only a matter of time before the robot achieves self awareness and violently turns on his human masters.

• Haha
Likes mcastillo356 and skyshrimp
I was wondering when they would be asked to perform on Dancing with the Stars.

• Wow
Likes BillTre, berkeman and mcastillo356

1. What is "Some of My Friends Having Fun (Boston Dynamics Doing the Twist)"?

"Some of My Friends Having Fun (Boston Dynamics Doing the Twist)" is a video showcasing the capabilities of Boston Dynamics' robots, particularly their humanoid robot Atlas, as they dance and do the twist to the song "Do You Love Me" by The Contours.

2. Who created the video?

The video was created by Boston Dynamics, a robotics company known for developing advanced robots with human-like movements.

3. Why did Boston Dynamics create this video?

Boston Dynamics created this video as a way to showcase the capabilities of their robots and to demonstrate their advancements in robotics technology.

4. Are the robots in the video performing the dance moves autonomously?

Yes, the robots in the video are performing the dance moves autonomously. Boston Dynamics' robots are equipped with advanced sensors and algorithms that allow them to move and interact with their surroundings without direct human control.

5. What is the significance of this video in the field of robotics?

This video is significant in the field of robotics as it demonstrates the advancements in robotics technology and the potential for robots to perform complex and human-like movements. It also highlights the potential for robots to be used in various industries, such as entertainment and manufacturing.