Some street music .... this guy is awesome

• Music
  • Thread starter davenn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
in summary, the guy is good, but he may be a one trick pony. his amp and battery comments were false. he has a poor attitude.
davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2023 Award
out-freakin-standing !

Likes OmCheeto, 1oldman2 and Asymptotic
Science news on Phys.org
Where is he plugging that amp in? Haha. That can't run on batteries for too long at that volume. Plus, doesn't anyone have a dollar bill? I didn't know people carried around coins anymore o0)

DiracPool said:
Where is he plugging that amp in? Haha. That can't run on batteries for too long at that volume

I have a decent portable amp that will run for an hour on internal batteries ... produces up to 100W output

S_20121226144954GOOJ.jpg

201603141431330y6x.jpg

http://www.mipro.com.tw/upload/su5_en/20160601100655IV3P.pdfI have to say, I'm rather disappointed that all you could do was tear it down rather than make good comments on
a musician's awesome abilities ! :frown::frown::rolleyes:

Dave

davenn said:
I have to say, I'm rather disappointed that all you could do was tear it down rather than make good comments on
a musician's awesome abilities !

Hahaha. This is a science forum, I'm trying to pick things apart. As far as his capabilities, I had a songwriter coach that once said, don't worry so much about form and arrangements, if it sounds good, it IS good. I've always remembered that.

So this guy can play one good song, using the acoustic almost as a pedal steel, but can he play anything else? We don't know. He could be a one-trick pony.

DiracPool said:
Hahaha. This is a science forum, I'm trying to pick things apart.

you are far from being funny :frown:
It's is also the off-topic general discussion section where there are threads on all sorts of non science things
animal lovers, kittens, corny jokes etc etc

you have a really poor attitude :frown:

not to mention your amp and battery comments were totally false !
DiracPool said:
but can he play anything else? We don't know. He could be a one-trick pony.

so you didn't follow links to see what his background is ... shame on you

one example
https://www.facebook.com/JackBroadbentMusic/?fref=mentions&pnref=story

DiracPool said:
I didn't know people carried around coins anymore o0)
I do, and mostly deal in cash.
davenn said:
out-freakin-standing !
Amen! The guy is really good!

The song he's doing, "On the Road Again," was made famous (at least to white folks) by a group named "Canned Heat" about 1965. The guy in the video played a very long intro, so it took me some time before I was able to ID the tune.

Likes davenn
davenn said:
you have a really poor attitude

Oh, C'mon Dave, lighten up. Yes, I think he can wax the blues and it did move me or else I wouldn't have responded to the post. And yes, I am far from being funny and I do have a poor attitude at times...And thank God for that, because I have something to live for in rectifying that.

And to be perfectly clear, I'm not trying to be a wise-ass in saying this, I really mean it. Perfect is boring. I'm tired of being perfect.

Forgot to mention, I couldn't tell at first what he was using for a slide, but when I opened the video in full-screen mode, I could see he was using a metal hip flask for a slide. @DiracPool's comments to the contrary, I suspect the player can play a lot more than just the song in the video.

Mark44 said:
I suspect the player can play a lot more than just the song in the video.
Yeah, he's been around for a while...

Here's another guitar virtuoso -- Eric Anderson. This piece is an instrumental titled "Trademark."

1. What kind of music does this street performer play?

This street performer plays a variety of music genres, such as rock, pop, and folk. He is known for his ability to adapt to different styles and audiences.

2. Does he only play covers or does he have original music?

While this street performer is known for his unique covers of popular songs, he also has original music that he performs. He often mixes in his own songs with the covers, creating a diverse and entertaining set.

3. How long has he been performing on the streets?

This street performer has been playing on the streets for over 10 years. He started as a way to share his love for music with others and has since gained a large following and recognition for his talent.

4. Does he have any albums or recordings available?

Yes, this street performer has released several albums and singles that can be found on various music platforms. He also sells CDs and merchandise at his performances.

5. Is he available for private events or gigs?

Yes, this street performer is available for private events and gigs. He can be contacted through his website or social media pages for booking inquiries.