Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Some street music ... this guy is awesome!

1. Jul 7, 2017 #1

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 7, 2017 #2
    Where is he plugging that amp in? Haha. That can't run on batteries for too long at that volume. Plus, doesn't anyone have a dollar bill? I didn't know people carried around coins anymore o0)

4. Jul 7, 2017 #3

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have a decent portable amp that will run for an hour on internal batteries ... produces up to 100W output

S_20121226144954GOOJ.jpg
    201603141431330y6x.jpg

http://www.mipro.com.tw/upload/su5_en/20160601100655IV3P.pdf

I have to say, I'm rather disappointed that all you could do was tear it down rather than make good comments on
    a musician's awesome abilities !! :frown::frown::rolleyes:

Dave

5. Jul 7, 2017 #4
    Hahaha. This is a science forum, I'm trying to pick things apart. As far as his capabilities, I had a songwriter coach that once said, don't worry so much about form and arrangements, if it sounds good, it IS good. I've always remembered that.

So this guy can play one good song, using the acoustic almost as a pedal steel, but can he play anything else? We don't know. He could be a one-trick pony.

6. Jul 7, 2017 #5

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

you are far from being funny :frown:
    It's is also the off-topic general discussion section where there are threads on all sorts of non science things
    animal lovers, kittens, corny jokes etc etc

you have a really poor attitude :frown:

not to mention your amp and battery comments were totally false !!

so you didn't follow links to see what his background is ..... shame on you

one example
    https://www.facebook.com/JackBroadbentMusic/?fref=mentions&pnref=story

7. Jul 8, 2017 #6

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

I do, and mostly deal in cash.
    Amen! The guy is really good!

The song he's doing, "On the Road Again," was made famous (at least to white folks) by a group named "Canned Heat" about 1965. The guy in the video played a very long intro, so it took me some time before I was able to ID the tune.

8. Jul 8, 2017 #7
    Oh, C'mon Dave, lighten up. Yes, I think he can wax the blues and it did move me or else I wouldn't have responded to the post. And yes, I am far from being funny and I do have a poor attitude at times...And thank God for that, because I have something to live for in rectifying that.

And to be perfectly clear, I'm not trying to be a wise-ass in saying this, I really mean it. Perfect is boring. I'm tired of being perfect.

9. Jul 8, 2017 #8

Mark44

Forgot to mention, I couldn't tell at first what he was using for a slide, but when I opened the video in full-screen mode, I could see he was using a metal hip flask for a slide. @DiracPool's comments to the contrary, I suspect the player can play a lot more than just the song in the video.

10. Jul 8, 2017 #9

OCR

Yeah, he's been around for a while...

11. Jul 9, 2017 #10

Mark44

Here's another guitar virtuoso -- Eric Anderson. This piece is an instrumental titled "Trademark."

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted