What are the sources of electrons in photosynthesis and respiration?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RainGurl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Electrons Sources
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 10K views
RainGurl
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
I am not sure about sources of electrons in photosynthesis and respiration.

If someone can explain this that would be great??
I think the source of electrons for photosynthesis would be water and light. Am I correct?

Still reading about respiration...

Also occurrence in photosynthesis and respiration...

This would be how things "occur" in photosynthesis and respiration right?
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
To get help with your assignments/coursework here, you need to first tell us what you DO know. We can then help you from there once we know where the confusion begins.
 
Perhaps this would answer the question - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron_transport_chain

The Krebs cycle refers the chemical reactions in cellular respiration.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellular_respiration
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citric_acid_cycle aka Krebs cycle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxidative_phosphorylation

http://users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ultranet/BiologyPages/C/CellularRespiration.html

http://biology.clc.uc.edu/courses/bio104/cellresp.htm

IIRC the electrons are taken from H-atoms: H -> H+ + e-.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photosynthesis

See also - http://photoscience.la.asu.edu/photosyn/education/ps_art/wimsketch.gif
in http://photoscience.la.asu.edu/photosyn/education/photointro.html
 
Last edited by a moderator: