Spectrum Line Table: Color, Wavelengths, and Energies for Observed Spectra

  • Thread starter Thread starter thetickets
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Energies Spectrum
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
thetickets
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Prepare a table of spectral lines by color, with correct wavelengths, and corresponding energies for every line spectrum you observed. Pick one line spectrum and explain the order of color from least to most energetic

Homework Equations



I'm not quite sure what to do here. I emailed my professor and he was of no help. Does it sound like I am to prepare a generic spectra or one that corresponds to my data? Also, how many energy answers am I suppose to have for each spectra.

The Attempt at a Solution



I attempted to make the data table based on my data rather than a generic spectra. Also, I took the initial wavelength and used it to find energy in Joules and subtracted that from the final wavelength's energy to come up up with my final answer.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You took spectra as part of some experiment, I guess, and you have some experimental data lying on your desk (I guess)? Use them.