Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Spontaneous generated coherence

1. Aug 9, 2014 #1
    Hi everyone
    Is there anyone who can explain when does Spontaneously generated coherence(SGC) happen and how?
    Thank you in advance
    Vahideh

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 13, 2014 #2
    I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

4. Aug 15, 2014 #3
    Thank you dear Greg for your comment,
    actually I started to study more about it and found that SGC happens when we are dealing with decays in an atom, when a three level Landa type atom (for example) decays to lower levels and the final state of the atom becomes a coherent superposition of states, we will have SGC , I came up with another question that "What makes a superposition of states a coherent superposition?" , and I wrote it in the forum too.now as I am more investigating I face more challenges that I have asked under the title of:" What makes a superposition of states a coherent superposition?"
    Thank you again and if anyone can help me on this question too , I will appreciate .

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook