Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

'Sports and games' subforum in GD

1. Yes, that would be nice.

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No, a general thread is enough.

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. Jun 15, 2014 #1

PhysicoRaj

Gold Member

How about a 'Sports and games' subforum in GD forums? A place where one can discuss about sports and ongoing matches, like for example the PF football league. I think it would be nice to have sports threads in one place rather than just generally on the GD forum. Or does any think of a better place for that? Opinions are welcome..
    What do you think?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 15, 2014 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

We create new sections in response to message traffic. This has two threads and 100 posts today.

4. Jun 15, 2014 #3

PhysicoRaj

Gold Member

'This' refers to sports ?

5. Jun 15, 2014 #4

Borek

Staff: Mentor

As V50 said: there is not enough traffic for a separate subforum.

6. Jun 15, 2014 #5
    Thanks for the suggestion PhysicoRaj! Usually we don't have many sports threads so the forum would be quite vacant. The World Cup is so internationally popular that even PF can host a few threads, but otherwise, we don't talk too much sports :)

7. Jun 15, 2014 #6

PhysicoRaj

Gold Member

Yes, I understand the point. Just a thought appeared to me that the creation of such a forum would provide people a chance to share their info on an existing thread rather than opening a general one every time. You all have a valid point and I accept that.. thanks for the opinion :approve:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook