1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Spring, Summer Admission Opportunities

1. Aug 10, 2015 #1
    Well, my request is for international undergraduate programs (phys&math) with timing not more than 4 months between application deadline and the start of studying in university.

Help, cause I don't see one

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 10, 2015 #2

Student100

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

In the US, not all universities offer spring acceptance, some do, however. I don't know of any semester based schedules that would do summer admissions. Perhaps you can add some more information here that would help us help you. Like what country are you trying to apply to, geographical needs, ranking, a list of target schools.

More information would help get you some directed advice/suggestions.

4. Aug 10, 2015 #3
    Most schools in the US only admit in the spring if you're transferring in as a student from another college where you have at least 24 credits. Most prefer you have 45 and be on your way to 60, and top tiers expect you to have an associates degree. Also if you're coming to the US never do it in the summer regardless as most colleges here overcharge for summer courses.

5. Aug 10, 2015 #4

Student100

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

I think you meant fall PhotonSSBM. :woot::-p

Or I could be wrong, I always assumed most regular admissions/transfers happened in the fall. Or maybe I'm just reading you wrong.

I reread it, my bad! :smile:

6. Aug 10, 2015 #5
    - short period between admission and studying semester
    - intellectual (educational and career) ecosystem
    - infrastructure

All developed countries (from Europe; USA, Canada etc.)
    (not all: for example Great Britain or Germany accept my diploma to foundational (pre-university preparation) courses

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook