SSW of a translated cell (via TRCL)?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 19matthew89
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cell
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 2K views
19matthew89
Messages
46
Reaction score
12
TL;DR
How to employ SSW to track particles entering/exiting a translated cell?
Hi everyone,
I'd like to track and write a source file (via SSW card) with the particles entering a specific cell which has been defined employing the TRCL card. So the "original" cell is a cylinder defined at the origin but the cell I'm interested in is translated along the z-axis. I've searched but I haven't found anything in the manual about this specific circumstance. Is that even possible?

How shall I write the SSW card? With the original surfaces and the translated cell in parenthesis (see example below)?

Code:
10 1 -2.95 -100 101 -102
11 LIKE 10 BUT TRCL(0 0 40)
12 LIKE 10 BUT TRCL(0 0 -40)

100  CZ  0.8
101  PZ  -10.0
102  PZ  10.0

KCODE 10000 1 30 130
SSW -100 (10) 101 (10) -102 (10)
        -100 (11) 101 (11) -102 (11)
        -100 (12) 101 (12) -102 (12)

Thanks in advance
 
Physics news on Phys.org
for any help!Hi there,

Thank you for your question. Yes, it is possible to track and write a source file for a translated cell using the SSW card. In your example, you have correctly identified the original cell (defined by the surfaces 100, 101, and 102) and the translated cell (defined by the surfaces 100, 101, and 102 with the TRCL card).

To write the SSW card, you can use the syntax that you have provided: -100 (10) 101 (10) -102 (10) for the original surfaces and -100 (11) 101 (11) -102 (11) for the translated surfaces. This will track and write the source file for particles entering the translated cell.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Best of luck with your project!