I think Kylo spoke the truth in the last movie. Rey's parents were insignificant, but one of her grandparents were not.
I think she is the granddaughter of emperor Palpatine.
Why I think so? For many reasons. I've thought so before, and
here in the trailer Rey stands close to emperor Palpatine's old throne, while Kylo Ren stands where Luke Skywalker did in the Return of the Jedi. Gosh, if this is correct it would be sooo coool!
Most people I've heard theories from have thought she was a Skywalker, but I never thought so.
I thought she likely was Kenobi's granddaughter, or possibly, but less likely, a Palpatine as I've written in a previous PF Star Wars thread.
And now I think it is very likely she is a Palpatine!
Regarding the meaning of the title of the movie, I am less confident, but I have my thoughts about it.
"The Rise of Skywalker" means either Kylo Ren, who is half a Skywalker, is redeemed and turns back to the light side of the Force and/or it means Luke Skywalker reaches an even higher power as a force ghost than previous Jedi masters.
If you've read this, please do not comment on my thoughts as they could taint the views of others reading this thread.
