1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Starting grad school in the fall.

1. Jul 5, 2009 #1
    Hello all,
    I'm entering a graduate program in materials science and engineering in the fall, and I was wondering if anyone had any generic or specific advice (or heads up) about grad school based on your experiences. Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 6, 2009 #2
    I'm in a different field from you, but I would recommend finding out which classes you will be taking. I would then start reading up on any undergraduate material that would be relevant.

I would also recommend reading the graduate student handbook and familiarizing yourself with all the rules and requirements. This will help cut down on feeling bogged down upon arriving.

4. Jul 8, 2009 #3
    Thank you! I have done a bit of reading on the undergraduate stuff, and I've read some of the dissertations and papers of some of the past students of the research group.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook