Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Automotive Stiffness and dumping coeficients of a VW Golf

1. Sep 13, 2012 #1
    stiffness and damping coeficients of a VW Golf

Hi!
    I need information about the VW Golf IV 1.6 16V(2003). I need to estimate and calculate the transfer function of the quarter model car so i need the coeficients of stiffness (K) (N/m) and damping (C) (Ns/m) of the front suspension, its important to complete my work so i'll be very grateful if someone can help me.

Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 13, 2012 #2
    Hi cvy-extroid - as a fellow new person to PF I feel bad that you haven't had any responses - perhaps you can be more specific as to your needs?

4. Jan 3, 2013 #3
    Hi! cvt-extroid
    what is Suspension type.I think that is technical data.Do you know data of coil spring
    example total turn,wire diameter which if know I can calculate for you but damping coeficient I think you should test and calculate.

5. Jan 3, 2013 #4

Ranger Mike

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

read race car suspension class on this forum...you can get pretty good idea of weight trnasfer and required springs shocks etc...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook