Stiffness and dumping coeficients of a VW Golf

  • Topic: Automotive 
  • Thread starter Thread starter cvt-extroid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Golf Stiffness
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
cvt-extroid
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
stiffness and damping coeficients of a VW Golf

Hi!
I need information about the VW Golf IV 1.6 16V(2003). I need to estimate and calculate the transfer function of the quarter model car so i need the coeficients of stiffness (K) (N/m) and damping (C) (Ns/m) of the front suspension, its important to complete my work so i'll be very grateful if someone can help me.

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi cvy-extroid - as a fellow new person to PF I feel bad that you haven't had any responses - perhaps you can be more specific as to your needs?
 
Hi! cvt-extroid
what is Suspension type.I think that is technical data.Do you know data of coil spring
example total turn,wire diameter which if know I can calculate for you but damping coeficient I think you should test and calculate.
 
read race car suspension class on this forum...you can get pretty good idea of weight trnasfer and required springs shocks etc...