1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Strong letter of recommendations

1. Oct 30, 2014 #1
    Hi all, I am applying for graduate study in the states and in Canada. I have to submit at least three referees in the application. So far I have worked for a professor, and he promises to write a strong recommendation letter for me, but I am worried about the others. I have approached three of my professors who have taught me in the past. My grades in their courses were very good. Do you think it is fine for my applications?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 30, 2014 #2

e.bar.goum

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I'd try and get letters from any academics you've done research with over lecturers, but you can only do what you can do. Try and pick those you interacted with the most.

4. Oct 30, 2014 #3

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I think that's fairly standard among graduate school applicants. You're not expected to have worked with three different professors independently in a research context.

5. Nov 2, 2014 #4
    Yeah I wouldn't worry about it. For my recommendations one is a guy I've done research for, one is someone I helped teach a class for, and another is just a guy I've had many interesting conversations with.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook